𝟎 「 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 」 𝟑

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls, how many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr. Tanner asked as he turned to the class from the board but quickly noticed no one was going to raise their hand so he started calling people out. "Ms. Bennett?"

"Um...a lot," Bonnie guessed/joked causing the class to ring out in laughs, making Bonnie smile a bit. "I'm not sure like a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett," He said rudely making Bonnie slouch down in her seat, and avoid eye contact with everyone. "Mr. Donovan, would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt said smiling making another round of chuckles and giggles go through the class.

"Hmm, Elena," Mr. Tanner said ignoring Matt's outburst -until practice later that day-, as he looked around the room, his eyes landed on Elena who was barely paying attention. "surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?"

"I'm sorry, I--I don't know." Elena stuttered and apologized hoping he would sympathize with her a little bit, but that wasn't the case.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena but the personal excuses ended with summer break," He said once again rudely, making Elena's face drop and everyone look at him more shocked than usual. "what about you Denoire, you are my brightest student?"

Although Seraphina had a rather nasty and justified attitude towards Elena, she was always respectful to adult Mr. Tanner include which made her his number one student; that and her impeccable knowledge of history except for this time.

"There were 346 casualties," Stefan answered as he noticed Seraphina pause, her face scrunching as she tried to remember the exact number. "unless you're counting local civilians."

"That's correct, Mister...?" Tanner trialed as he couldn't remember the name or face of the student that answered his question despite not being called on.

"Salvatore." Stefan answered smirking nonchalantly as he leaned forwards in his seat, looking directly at Tanner.

"Salvatore," Mr. Tanner said slightly surprised, as he remembered that name from the founding families archives. "any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

"Distant." Stefan said giving him a sarcastic smile, making Tanner almost sneer at him if not for school policy.

"Well, very good," Mr. Tanner said as he started moving back around his board, to get closer to the board. "except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were 27, Sir," Seraphina said backing up Stefan the number of civilian casualties was one of the only things she remembered from the founders' archive. "confederate soldiers, they-uh fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons, they were wrong it was a night of great loss."

"The founder's archives are, uh, stored in the city hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner." Stefan said making the room burst into chuckles as Mr. Tanner only humped.

∴ ═ ∴ ❈ ∴ ═ ∴

"Stefan," Seraphina asked as she noticed the boy standing right outside her house, she hadn't expected to see him standing in her walkway. "what are you doing here?"