The beginning

There were 11 of them. All of them stood equally spaced from each other as they wrapped around the circular table, infront of them, the celestial who was here to bound them with their mission.

Their mission that would change their lives, a mission more important than anything else amongst the galaxies. Their soul purpose.

All of them had their own abilities and specialities, all of them different yet so similar.  They watched as the golden orb fell down from the celestials hands, the orb dancing through the air, an angelic aura pouring from the sphere.

It made its way over to one of the few women in the circle, a gorgeous woman with long brown hair. Ajax.

Her body consumed the orb, the new found power scourging through her veins, igniting a tingly feeling throughout her body.

"It is time," she instructed the others who were standing among her. They nodded their heads subtly and moved back into their machenical suitures. Golden energy wrapped around their body's and was soon being replaced with elegant materials as their uniforms were created

Artemis looked down at her new armour and suit is was a beautiful golden and silver uniform and behind her back was a golden bow and quiver filled with silver arrows.

She made her way over to one of the many windows in the giant space ship that they had been blessed with, peering out into the galaxy that enveloped them and over towards the planet where they would be completing their mission.

Her green eyes stared out at the blue and green planet. It was beautiful, there was just something about it that seemed so... hopeful

"It's beautiful isn't it?" A strong Irish accent came from behind her, she turned around to see a tall boy with dark brunette hair and brown eyes.

A wide smile tugged onto her face as she nodded her head and then turns to look back at the planet, "it's amazing."

"I like your bow," the boy told her with a grin as he walked up beside her, looking down at her with a small sparkle in his eyes, a sparkle that was so small yet so bright

Artemis turned her head once more to look up at him, an even wider grin on her face and a twinge and of pink in her cheeks, "thank you. I'm Artemis."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you my lady, I've heard great stories about you. I'm Druig," the boy told her with a small smirk.

"There's nothing great about me," the girl told him with a small smile.

"I highly doubt that," he told her with a wink

5000 BC
Mesopotamia
"Can't we go any faster?" Artemis asked impatiently. She could tell that they were already late, she could feel the energy of
One human being forcefully snatched away

"We're here" Ikiris told them and landed the ship. They didn't waste anytime jumping out and making their way over to the cliffs edge, just in time to see the monster quickly charging towards a young fisher boy.

Artemis quickly snatched her bow and an arrow before loading the bow, aiming and shooting, hitting the deviant right between the eyes, sending it flying backwards as it withered on the ground, searching for its last few moments of life, but not finding any as it stopped moving and took its final breath.

The kid on the beach slowly and shakily turned around and looked up at the hill where the eternals all stood in a row, looking down on him.

He felt a wave of confusion, yet amongst that confusion was a rush of hope and thankfulness. They had saved him, if they hadn't of shown up when they did, he would have been dead right now.

"Nice shot," Druig commented with a grin. She rolled her eyes with a wide smile, a pink tint in her cheeks

"Thanks idiot," she replied as they smiled widely at each other.

They only stood there for a few moments before quickly split apart, all of them going to fight different deviants.

Artemis was charging towards one before turning into a wolf and running full speed at the deviant before ripping it apart with her jaw and giant claws.

She killed another two before stopping next to Makkari and turning back to her human form. She wiped blood from her face and grinned widely over at her best friend before signing 'you're doing great out here. Good fight'

Makkari grinned widely and nodded over at her, signing back 'you're doing great too. Lucky we got here when we did'

Artemis then watched as Druig was attempting to round all the people up into one spot away from the deviants so that the eternals could protect them and kill the deviants without having to worry about accidentally hurting a human in the process.

But a moment later she noticed a group of deviants charging over towards him and the people. Some of the people had already been injured but even the ones that weren't hurt, knew that they didn't stand a chance against one deviant let alone a group of them.

Artemis was quick to grab her bow and placed 5 arrows in it before pulling back the quiver with her two fingers. She lined up the bow, one eye shutting as she aimed for the beasts, a sharp exhale fell from her red lips before she released the string.

All 5 arrows soared through the air, each of them hitting a different deviant in the neck, not killing them, however it made them stop charging for the people and they all turned to face the woman who looked to be in her very early 20s.

They shook their heads a few times, some of them successfully getting the arrows out of their necks, while others weren't so lucky. They began charging at her once again, all of them running as fast as they could, not wanting to allow the girl to have time to reload her bow.

She knew she had time to reload her bow, but she had a strong desire to mess around with the hideous creatures who wreaked so much havoc and caused so much pain for so many people.

Just before they reached her she quickly turned into an eagle and soared up high, out of their reach before turning into an arctic blue whale and dropping down on top of them, squishing them between her stomach and the hard earth below, successfully killing them.

She turned back into a human and looked around. The others are just finishing off the last few deviants so she made her way over to the people and Druig

"That was impressive my love," Druig said with a proud grin on his face as he watched the girl make her way over to them, placing her bow on her back

"Thanks Druig," the girl replied with a polite grin, she went to compliment his work but stopped when she noticed the injuries scattered throughout the crowd of people, a frown making its way onto her face

She crouched down in front of a young girl who had a cut on the side of her head with blood pouring out of it. Artemis raised her hand and placed it gently on the wound, leaving it there for a few moments before pulling her hand away, revealing a no longer injured head.

Druig watched in silent awe as the gentle, yet quick tempered eternal made her way from person to person, healing their wounds for them. There was a never leaving smile on his face as his eyes stayed on her short and delicate looking figure

"C'mon love, we need to go with the others and bring the ship over and then Ajax can help you with the last few people," Druig informed her