chapter one

June 14th 2018

It was a hot summer school day and tara carpenter, your normal woodsboro High attendee was getting ready to start another day of school, she had a pretty normal life, she was single and an out and proud lesbian, and she had four amazing friends, mindy, chad, liv and wes, wes was her closest friend, he was like her wingman and best friend, they had known eachother since they were in elementary school, he was there for her when her dad left and her sister did too, they held hands and cried together, he was her first real friend and has always stuck by her side, and she was incredibly grateful for that.

"Alright everyone find a seat and just wait whilst i take names" Mrs davidson was their new english teacher this year and she was chill, tara knew this year would be so easy, or so she thought.

"Tara carpenter"

"Here"

After her name was said tara just zoned out since the register was just a long list of names, until something made her jerk her head up.

"And can we also welcome our new transfer student all the way from bexley, Amber freeman! Hello Amber welcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time here"

Tara looked around the room attempting to locate the new student and saw a raven haired girl nodding from the seat next to her

Oh that must be her, tara thought to herself.

She's pretty.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked behind her to see liv mckenzie, one of her good friends from her group.

"Hey tara you seem to be daydreaming there, whatcha thinkin about?" She smiled smugly.

"Huh? Oh- just stuff, weekend, I'm really excited for the carnival, what about you?" Tara lied brushing it off

"Uh huh..."

Liv didn't sound very convinced and clearly she knew what she was thinking about, and tara knew what she was playing at.

--

After the lesson finished Liv and Tara walked outside to sit and eat lunch with Chad, Wes, and Mindy.

"Hey guys" Tara smiled

"Hey tara" Wes greeted

They all sat down together and shared one bag of grapes and discussed random stuff

"Hey you guys heard about that new transfer student?" Chad said changing the current subject

"Oh yeah her names Amber freeman she's in my English class" tara replied

Liv looked at her with a devilish grin and whispered something to wes that tara couldn't quite make out.

But she knew what she said because wes immediately lit up and grinned at her.

Wes crossed his legs and motioned at Tara with his hands.

"So tara, liv tells me she caught you zoned out staring at the new girl Amber, is there something you wanna tell us?" Wes smiled smugly

God he's terrible when he's under the influence of Liv and her gossip mood.

"Hell yeah there is! Tara was eye fucking the poor girl for a whole minute" liv chimed in.

" LIV! " Tara laughed covering her face from embarrassment.

"Next time i see her I'm inviting her to join our group and get to know everybody a little better" Liv announces

"OH NO THE FUCK YOU AREN'T"

Liv and Tara noticed Amber sat alone on a table in the distance and Liv smiled at tara.

"Just watch me"

Liv stood up and began walking backwards

"Liv..."

"I'm walking over there now"

"Liv don't you dare."

"About to ask her right now"

"NO"

And before Tara could say anything about it liv was already over there talking to amber.

"Damn" chad said watching the scene before him unfold, he grabbed a handful of grapes and shoved them in his mouth

"CHAD" mindy punched him in the shoulder

"Save some for the rest of us you douchebag" mindy ordered her brother

"But I'm hungry" He said doing a fake pout

"YOU'VE HAD LIKE HALF A BAG OF GRAPES ALREADY YOU FUCKER"

Tara just laughed at the two siblings and noticed Liv walking back to the group

"So she said she'll think about hanging out with us but not right now"

"I hate you liv"

"I love you too tara"