1.

Sweet humming...

I could hear it,

I walked closer and closer to the beautiful humming.

The lake came to view, then came the one who was humming.

A girl. No more like a lady. She seemed to be the same age as me.

She was facing the lake. Her legs were in the water, her sitting on the ground that had a lot of pebbles. Still humming.

It was a beautiful tone, and she was beautiful too.

I didn't notice where I was walking. I accidentally step on a twig which alarmed the lady humming.

Then she turned around to see who caused the noise. That's when I saw how beautiful she was. It took my breath away.

The beautiful pale skin, too pale for a human. It had some pink on it. Long blue midnight hair flowing with the wind. And light pink lips. Then her eyes... They were a white color without a pupil.

No, they had a sweet little touch of lavender in them. In her hands, she held a red scarf. It looked like she was knitting it just now. The red yarn is still on the ground.

She had a ninja gear suit on. The shirt was lavender. She had some shorts, her boots were on the ground it seems like they probably reach up to her knees.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I finally spoke.

"I-its okay. You didn't scare me," she said, as she put on her boots.

She began walking away. I rushed up to her.

"Wait!" As I tried to grab her hand, my hand went through her.

Is this a genjustu? No it's definitely real.

"W-why? Why does my hand go through you!?"

She looked at the floor, then her lavender eyes met my eyes.

"I am dead. I died at the beginning of this year. I am a ghost, you can say that."

How is she even here? Shouldn't she be resting in a place? What about the afterlife?

"May I know your name? Before you leave." I called after her, as she began walking into the forest.

"It's Hinata, Hinata Hyuga." as she said that she disappeared into the forest.

Her voice was soft and gentle. It made me feel safe. I wonder how she even died. She doesn't deserve to be dead.

The lady remains me of someone. It was a girl back then three years ago.
---

(Three years into the past)

"Don't interfere, you know you can't beat pain... he is way stronger than you!" I yelled to the girl in front of me. She stood there, ready to save me, putting her life on the line.

"I can't! It's because I love you Naruto. You saved me from this darkness of mine! I was such a crybaby, and you were so strong.... I want to help you!" She yelled back at me. Her voice was strong and firmed. Yet there was that gentle side of it.

I saw how she lost, I was angry.

The anger in me, it took control.. I couldn't see her any more. I forgot how she looked like and I forgot her name too.

——-

( Back in regular time line)

She died back three years ago. Some say she was in a coma, others say her body was never founded due to the disaster I made.

I look at the path were she disappeared into. If only I could of been her friend when she was alive...

I decided to go back home. As I was walking she reappeared next to me.

"You never told me your name." She said gently

"Sorry, you were already leaving."

"It's okay, I already knew it, Naruto-kun"

I looked down into her hands and saw she was still knitting the scarf. I wonder who it is for. Who would she even give her scarf to?

"It's for nobody, I just want to distract myself. Maybe one day I will be able to go to the afterlife. Maybe even have a second chance of life."

Did I say what I was thinking out loud?

I guess there is an afterlife. But what is holding her back? I hear stories about spirits not being able to go to the afterlife if something is holding them back.

"Where are you heading?" I finally spoke up.

"Nowhere I just walk around... But can I go with you?" she asked as she turned towards me.

"Sure. Follow m-"

"HEY NARUTO!" yelled out a pink-haired girl.

"Sakura-Chan? What are you doing here?"

"Well... I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go get some ramen. I am really hungry"

Couldn't Sakura see Hinata? I turned to my right and saw that Hinata was still standing there.

Strange

Guess I am the only one that can see her. But why me? Why not everyone else it someone else.

"Sorry, Sakura-Chan. I just came back from there. Maybe ask Sasuke?"

"Sure, bye Naruto!" she said as she waved and started running towards Sasuke's house.

"Sakura-San... She has grown into a beautiful lady." Hinata finally spoke up.

I was stunned. Does she know who Sakura is? How does she know?

"What do you mean Hinata? Did you know Sakura?"

"Yes, I used to be friends with her along with ino. But I couldn't always be around them. Sakura-San was the one who took care of me in the hospital, I could hear her voice. Once I died, I saw her crying next to my hospital bed... I wanted to call out to her and tell her I was still here. But my voice didn't reach her." Hinata said in a sad gentle voice.

How come I never seen her? I wish I could have met her. But I still feel I met you. But where?

---
(past)

"I don't care if I die here protecting you! It's cause I love you Naruto."
Said a strong, powerful, gentle voice.

"It's my ninja way!"