United

Wrestling practice just ended and I grab my stuff and go to the locker room to change. The sweat still dripping off of my forehead. I set my bag down on the bench infront of me and open it. Suddenly the energy I had fades away and my eyes start to close. "Not yet" I tell myself. I unlock my phone  and call my Mom. "Hey can you come pick me up?" She didnt answer and ended the call. Huh weird I thought to myself. The door behind me opens and in comes one of my friends. "Hey need a ride to Culver's tonight?" I say to him as he strides over. Instead of answering he simply walks past as if he never heard me. "You alright?" I call out, worried. Still no answer. I shrug my shoulders and finish getting dressed. Once done, I walked over to him. He was sitting in the far back corner of the locker room with his head buried into his chest. "Bro, What's wrong?" He didnt budge. "I'm here for you if you ever want to talk." I turn to leave and feel a hand on my shoulder.

"How could you do it?" I tense up after hearing these words. I'm paralyzed and cant move. This voice wasnt my friends. This voice wasnt anyone I knew. "How could you do it?" It asks again.

"Do what?"

"How could you leave us? You swore to stay together? They never loved us. But we had each other."

A chill went through my entire body. I knew who the person was. I knew who the voice belonged to. I turn around and tears come to my eyes.

"I never left you."