safe with you 🥐

tori's pov

i knock on michael's door. why am i even here? who in the right mind would knock on someone's door at 2 in the morning? what am i doing?

i don't even know why i'm here. i don't know why. all i know is i couldn't sleep and instead of texting michael, like a normal person, i'm here at his door. is he even awake? this is stupid.

theres no response. i decide to knock once more. i don't exactly know why.

i begin walking away, when theres light around me, i look behind myself, looking at the door. the outside light is on. someone turned it on.

and then the door opens. and it's michael. he obviously just threw a hoodie on, he has buffalo patterned pajama pants on. his hair is a mess. like the one time i came here quite a few months back.

he squints at me, before putting his hand into his hoodie pocket and fishing out his glasses. he puts them on, and then he can see me.

'tori?'

i stand there and say nothing.

'why're you here so early?'

again, i say nothing, but i walk towards him, close enough to where he wraps me in a hug.

'i don't know. 'm sorry.' i muffle into his hoodie.

theres silence for a second. he holds me in his arms and it feels comforting, so, so comforting.

'c'mon, let's go inside, it's cold.' he lets me out of his embrace and i follow him inside. he asks if i want to go to his room. i say yes.

we walk into his room and sit down on his bed. i look over at his wall. it's got photos of me and him together. it makes me smile on the inside.

'what's wrong?' he asks as he props himself against pillows.

'i couldn't sleep. my mum and i got in a fight earlier this evening. i was upset about that. i don't know. i just—'

my voice starts getting caught up in my throat. my eyes begin getting watery. i'm not gonna cry. not gonna cry. i'm not going to cry.

michael gives my hand a small squeeze. i look up at him through watery eyes. he adjusts himself and then softly whispers 'come here' and so i do. i sit down on his lap and he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly.

'i'm sorry.' i say, my face in the crook of his neck. 'i'm sorry if i woke you up.'

he lets out a soft sigh and rubs my back. 'it's okay, tor, you didn't wake me up, it's alright.'

'but it's 2 am.'

'i wasn't able to sleep either.'

i don't know how to respond. so i don't.

he softly lays kisses on the back of my neck.

'd'you want to talk about it?' he says after a few minutes.

'about what?'

'your fight with your mum.'

i think for a second.

'not really.' i sigh.

'that's okay.'

'can you just hold me?' i ask. and after saying it i realize how pathetic it sounds.

'yeah. i can do that.'

michael picks up my hand and gently kisses it.

'i'm sorry i'm like this all the time.' i mutter. 'i'm sorry i only depend on you.'