chapter twenty-nine

chapter twenty-nine.

"I HATE BOYS! I HATE LIFE! I HATE EVERYTHING! FUCK LIFE, AM I RIGHT?" A DRAMATIC PARK SUNGHOON ANNOUNCED AS HE APPROACHED HIS FRIENDS, WHO WERE PREVIOUSLY PEACEFULLY STUDYING IN THE LIBRARY. Only to have a wailing Park Sunghoon trudge over and complain to the whole group. 

Sunoo frowned once he heard Sunghoon's voice, trying to concentrate on the endless lines on the page of his book. Niki shot Sunghoon a look that screamed, are you insane? Daniel took one side of his headphones off, pursuing his lips as he looked at the elder. 

"Park Sunghoon, do you mind? You once told me that I shouldn't barge in the library and start yelling my head off, so you should do the same," he tsked, grabbing onto Sunghoon's sleeve and dragging him into the seat across from him. Daniel, who now had Sunghoon seated next to him, patted Sunghoon's shoulder comfortingly, curious as to what was wrong with the boy. 

"What happened? Did your dog eat your whole project for science, causing you to try and replicate it only in one single night?" Daniel nonchalantly asked, earning a few odd and confused looks from his friends. He only let out a sheepish chuckle, "Don't ask."

Niki nodded towards Sunghoon's way, glancing at Daniel. "No, Daniel's right." Niki paused for a moment as he frowned, looking for the right words to convey what he was trying to say. 

"I mean, maybe your assignment didn't get ruined to that extent. But what happened to the calm, cool and collected Park Sunghoon we all know and love? Talk to us, man, we don't bite" Niki shot Sunghoon a thumbs-up, Niki's kind words of encouragement easing Sunghoon's worries. 

Sunghoon looked down at the table, drumming the tips of his fingers on the wooden table before stopping it altogether. He sighed, contemplating how he should approach this. He would rather ease into everything, tell the story slow. But really, what beginning did this whole ordeal have? Would he start with the date he went on and then go on about whatever happened at the party or—

"I like Jake Sim." 

Silence engulfed the table as his three friends slowly turned their heads to look at him, with such shocking expressions all over their faces you would've thought they'd seen a ghost. 

"Y-you like Jake? J-Jake Sim? The guy who hate with all of your heart and soul?" Sunoo called out, nearly choking on his saliva, not believing what he heard with his own two ears. 

"Yeah. I do, and I don't know what happened between us because we were going pretty good, and I thought we moved all that weird stuff that went on in the past, but now he's acting all weird and angsty towards me, and I don't know what I've done wrong—"

"Hold on. Pause. I'm still stuck on the whole, you liking Jake part. Who, what, where, when, why and how?" Daniel put his hands up and waved them towards Sunghoon, a confused frown on his face. Sitting across from him, Niki also nodded in agreement with Daniel's statement, his mouth wide open.