Meeting elijah

ELSA'S POV
I take a stroll in the woods for awhile, clearing my head. Thinking about everything. I then hear a twig snap from behind me. I panic and quickly turn around, but see nothing. "Whose there?" I ask with confidence. No answer. I turn around to walk again but then get stopped in my tracks by someone. He has brown hair, and brown eyes, and was wearing a suit. "Can I help you?" I ask.

"Sorry to startle you." He says, in a soft voice, before walking closer to me. "I'm Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson." He says, holding out his hand. Mikaelson? Klaus' brother?

"Elsa Salvatore." I reply, shaking his hand. He tilts his head to the side.

"A Salvatore?" I nod.

"And you're a Mikaelson? The brother of Klaus?"

"You know my brother?"

"Who doesn't." He chuckles.

"Yes, Niklaus is my brother." he states. "What connection do you have with my brother, then?" He asks.

"It's complicated."

"How so?"

"Well, I like Klaus, and truth be told, I'm developing feelings for him, but my brothers hate him and want him dead." I explain.

"You have feelings for him?" he asks, as if surprised. I nod. "How long have you known him for?"

"Honestly not that long, but... I don't know, there's just something about him."

"Interesting." He says to himself, but I heard. I furrow my eyebrows. "Are you aware of what he's done?" I nod.

"Yes, I know that he's killed a lot of people, and killed Elena's aunt, and Elena, but Bonnie saved her."

"Do you know much about the family?" I shake my head. "Do you know that he daggered his siblings?" I turn to him, shocked.

"He killed his..." Elijah chuckles and shakes his head.

"No, no, he daggered us. We're Originals so we can't die, but daggers dipped in white oak ash can.... put us to sleep if you like." He says.

"Oh... why would Klaus do that?"

"To protect us according to Niklaus, but who really knows. What goes on in my brothers head is a mystery."

"Why are you here, Elijah?" i ask.

"Someone undaggered me, I thought it might have been Niklaus, but then I found a note in my pocket, and well, not my brother." He says.

"Who then?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you, Elsa."

"Let me guess, it has something to do with my brothers." Elijah chuckles.

"You're a very smart girl, Elsa." He says with a smile. I smile and shrug. "Well I must bid you good day."

"How long have you been daggered for?" I ask with a grin. He chuckles.

"Goodbye, Elsa. Pleasure to meet you." He says. I nod.

"You too." I reply, before he speeds off.

Why would Klaus want to dagger his family?

And why didn't he tell me?