deux

"hey pretty boy, do you speak german by any chance?"

taehyun looked up from his food in surprise. pretty boy?? i guess he really didn't recognize me. "why?" "i'm supposed to turn in this homework tomorrow but i don't understand anything!" the black haired boy growled and banged his head on the notebook he had taken out from the sunflower tote bag some time ago. taehyun flinched a bit at the sudden noise, but slowly scooted over to see what the other boy has written so far.

a chuckle escaped the singer's mouth. "why? what's funny??", the other boy asked, sounding a bit offended. "this whole paragraph is completely wrong." "really?? but i've been working on it for so long!", the black-haired whined again. "can you please help me with it? i really need to get a good grade." taehyun frowned. i can't go home at this point anyways, yongha is probably still mad at me. might as well just stay here to help a random boy with his work. "okay."

he ended up spending the whole night writing a german assignment with a pretty boy with big cross earrings and a sunflower tote bag.

———————————————————

"shoot, it's two in the morning already?! how did we manage to spend the whole night here??", the boy with earrings practically shouted at the realization, startling taehyun for the nth time already. "oh shoot shoot shoot i'm so sorry, i promise i'll stop doing that." he frowned. "i didn't even know this cafe was opened overnight though and i go here like everyday."

"it isn't.", a female voice suddenly said. it was one of the baristas. "but we let you be because you're our regular customer and you two seemed so immersed in whatever you were doing.", she smiled.

"ohh, thank you sooyoung!", the sunflower boy grinned widely. "anyways, i really have to go now since i have school tomo- actually today and i need to rest at least a tiny bit or else i'll sleep in class and the teachers are going to throw chalks at me. so bye sooyoung, bye jiwoo! and see ya pretty boy!"

and just like that he was gone.

it took taehyun around five minutes to realize he should probably leave too, but he really didn't want to. the time when he has to talk to yongha will come sooner or later, but he just wants to push it away for as long as possible. he slowly got up and came to the bar.

"hey, i know i've been enough of a burden already, but would you mind if i stayed for just a bit longer? i can help you if you need anything or just pretend i don't exist. please?", he basically whispered.

the barista, apparently named jiwoo, let out a little laugh. "of course! we already let you stay here for multiple hours overtime, so a bit more time wouldn't hurt. we spend the night here anyways." she smiled widely. "by the way, you're kang taehyun right?"

the said male froze. he slowly nodded as there was no use trying to lie when the girl had recognized him already. he was prepearing himself for the worst. squealing and screaming and gossiping and people getting way too close and-

but none of those came.

"oh! i just wanted to tell you that your music is amazing! i love your singing so much, it's so relaxing. keep it up! fighting!!", she ended the sentence with another wide smile and gave him a thumbs up before returning to the kitchen.

taehyun blinked once, then twice, trying to process what just happened. someone recognized him without being weird or obsessive. that's a nice change, he thought as he returned to his table with a small smile plastered on his face.

as he watched the ceiling above him, his mind wandered to the loud boy he had just met today. what a weird guy. i don't even know his name and i spent the whole night with him. this was definitely one of the craziest days of taehyun's life. he chuckled. there's nothing to worry about. it's not like he's going to meet the black-haired ever again anyways.

unbeknownst to him, the exact same pretty boy with big cross earrings and a sunflower tote bag was just a few miles away, currently panicking for his life.

———————————————————

a/n: aaand chapter two is here! fun fact, this one is longer than the first one was, but it took me less time to write dkdj also this story feels so fast paced aaa im sorry