Chapter 1 His.. Bride?

It was the fall of 2015. Winifred Sharp was riding on a train that would take her home in Seahead.

At the young age of nine, she was dumped in the countryside. Now she was called back for a simple reason- her family meant to marry her to Orchid Grove where lived her husband-to-be and he was dying.

It was with the aim of saving the poor man by giving him a wedding that the marriage was arranged.

The Sharp's had two other daughters, but they were unwilling to marry him, so Winifred who had been forstered in the countryside was called back immediately.

Right now, Winifred was sitting on her sleeping berth, reading a book.

Suddenly, the door was pushed open, and a cold current of air tinged with a strong, sweet smell of blood assailed Winifred's nostrils.

Lifting her eyes, she saw a tall, straight figure slumped to her feet from outside, unconscious.

Soon, a few men in black rushed in, "Boss, no-one is here. Hurry, let's send him to Hades!"

"Who said there's no one ?"

The lead man in scar looked at Winifred Sharp.

Utterly bewildered, Winifred found herself suddenly in a dire situation caused by the man who just fell into her carriage.

The killing intent was strong in the eyes of the scarred man. He meant to kill.

Winifred Sharp glanced at the weapons in their hands, panicked, she quickly begged for mercy, "Don't hurt me, please, I didn't see anything."

The Scar man stepped forward and looked at her small face. She was wearing a veil on her face, so her features were hidden except for the eyes which were like limpid pools.

Extremely bright & clear, they seemed to be able to speak to whoever looked at them.

Hadn't seen such beautiful eyes before, the scar man found himself getting excited, besides, he hadn't touched a women for days, already, evil thoughts came to his mind.

"Little beauty, we don't need to hurt you as long as you take special care of us."

Eyelashes fluttered, Winifred said in a pitiful voice, "I don't want to die. I am so scared. Sir, as long as you don't hurt me, I will take very good care of you."

At the soft pleading of the timid girl, the scar man couldn't contain it anymore and practucally pounced at her. Immediately, Winifred Sharp was under him.

"Boss, you go first. We will finish this man off first and have our turn afterwards."

Amidst vulgar laughter and the gentle feel of the women, the scar man put down his weapon and reached out to pull Winifred's bottoms.

But the next second, a dainty white hand came up.

Scar man raised his head and met the girl's clear, cool eyes. But in them were no longer the panic and weakness of a frightened girl. Instead, flint-like light flickered.

"You!"

Before he could speak, Winifred Sharp raised her hand and pierced a silver needle into the man's head effortlessly and cleanly.

Scar man closed his eyes and slumped to the ground.

"Boss!"

Startled, the man in black wanted to rush forward to offer help. But suddenly, the man who was unconscious on the ground opened his eyes and snatched the weapons from their hands.