Whats the worst that could happen?

UGH!!!!! I made my frustration very clear as I not so gently placed my head on the table.
"What do I do jazzy? What oh what oh what?"
It was my day off from my job as a receptionist at one of the surgeries so I met my good mate jazzy to discuss my current dilemma over coffee.
Jazzy let out an exasperated sigh, "just suck it up ya wimp"
I shot my head up pouting,"I'm not a wimp, I'm just not as forward as you"

In all honesty I was a wimp. I had a major crush on one of the doctors at the surgery but was too scared to act on it.
"Is this trafalgar guy even that great?" Jazzy questioned.
"OF COURSE HE IS!!! His cool and calm demeanour, his tanned skin, deep calculating eyes"
"Yea yea I get it, Mr wonderful and that. So what you going to do about it?"
"Hide in fear and never confront it"
That comment was met with a hand smacking my head.
"You can't just wimp out and hide, what's the worst that can happen if you ask him out?"
"Oh I don't know jazzy, he could reject me which would be heart shattering and then it would be so awkward at work to the extent that I take drastic measures in avoiding him and dive down the stairs, just so we don't meet in the lift, and then knock into someone causing them to tumble down the stairs and break their leg!! That is the worst that can happen!!"
Jazzy looked at me completely bewildered and a little bit shocked,
"Well.....I guess that would be pretty bad but that won't happen and if it does then just don't be an idiot near stairs."

Just then a customer came into the coffee shop and it was the last person I wanted to see in that moment. Trafalgar Law. I couldn't help but blush, not only was the timing awful but he looked so good in his out of work suit, so sophisticated and handsome.
Jazzy's grin did not settle me any,
"That's law isn't it?"
"Don't you dare do or say anything" I whispered menacingly but jazzy was unfazed as she stood up and moved towards law, managing to avoid my attempt to grab her arm.
"Hi, your law right? I believe you know my friend, she works with you. Well, turns out she likes you and I just happen to be leaving so why don't you sit with her"
Law just looked at jazzy with an amused smirk as I stared wide eyed, mouth hung open in shock not ready for his reply.
"Well I do have a couple minutes before I need to go back to work" he chuckled and walked towards my table.
"I am so very very not ready for this" was all I could think as I glared at jazzy while she walked out grinning giving me a thumbs up.

My attention turned back to law as he sat down opposite me.
"So, you like me then?" Law stared directly at me with that amused smirk of his, all I could do was panic and say the first thing that came to mind.
"PANCAKES!!!!" Oh dear god I am such an idiot, I did not just yell pancakes at him. Law looked very confused, and rightly so, I had to recover," urm, I mean I'll get us some pancakes to go with the.......coffee, yes to go with the coffee yes" I quickly stood to go to the counter and hide my growing blush but felt law grab my hand, mega blush!!!!
"Sit down" his voice was soft but still held so much authority, I sat immediately "urm........law......im.....well......urm.......i" all I wanted to do was say sorry and run but he still held my hand and I couldn't tear away from his gaze.
I fell silent once law spoke. "Don't speak, just calm down." He gave me a lazy yet still warming smile as he continued, "although I do enjoy making people nervous I want you to be a bit more relaxed around me. I've noticed how you tense up when we're at work or look away when we speak and I don't want that"
I could not believe his words or the fact he spoke them to me, I must have looked like a very dumb goldfish with my jaw open once again. Law gently put his hand under my chin and closed my mouth for me as he chuckled.
"I would love to help you.....get a bit more bold round me, if your still wanting too?"
My head was still swimming but I obviously said yes to his question.
"Good" law let go of my hand and stood up with his take away coffee, "now, I have patients to get back to but I expect to see you here tomorrow lunch for a coffee........and maybe pancakes?"
"Yes, of course, I'll see you tomorrow law." Grinning up at him as I spoke I don't think I ever looked forward to lunch so much.

He gave me that trademark smirk of his as he walked out the coffee shop waving over his shoulder. Oh my beating heart be calm.........maybe I won't send jazzy as angry a message as I intended to later hehe. I walked out the coffee shop with a wistful smile thinking of the possibilities of tomorrow.