2

Sooyoung's lost count of the months she's been hanging around with her. They've grown as best friends, to the point where they've already been to each other's houses, and she even met Jiwoo's family.

Yeah, that part still hasn't sunk in her mind to this day.

She even remembers Jiwoo's initial reaction to entering her house.

"You only have a couch." She points at it, looking at Sooyoung, as if she was expecting some sort of explanation.

"Yeah...? Is there anything wrong with that?" She has no clue on what this woman is trying to imply.

"Not even a TELEVISION?"

"I have a laptop. I can watch the news there."

"That's different! A TV isn't only for news!" Jiwoo immediately shakes Sooyoung's shoulders, moving her hands to cup the tallers face.

"I don't- I'm not into shows, Jiwoo!"

Jiwoo's so focused on her lack of furniture and fun that she doesn't notice how the tips of Sooyoung's ears are turning red.

She knows it's not her business to question other people's lives but Sooyoung is different. She doesn't even have any decorations on her walls, it even looked like she just moved in here despite the years she had already stayed in this house.

"How do you even live here..." Jiwoo pouts, plopping herself onto the couch, "I bet you took the word 'bedroom' literally and only have a bed sitting there."

"Why are you so pressed over my living conditions anyway?" She giggles, finding her so odd.

"So I'm right?!" Jiwoo frowns even more.

"Answer me first!" Sooyoung laughs at her face.

(Jiwoo isn't wrong. Sooyoung's bedroom indeed only has a closet and a bed sitting there.)

"It's so sad to see you like this, having to wake up in a cold, empty room, and it's like you don't even care, like you're just living for the purpose of staying alive...aren't you sad here? always alone?"

Sooyoung's teasing smile turns into one of fondness, she softly taps Jiwoo's cheek, the girl quickly looking back at her.

"Always alone indeed, but I'm never lonely."

Sooyoung didn't really care about anything, but it was never mentioned that she didn't care about anyone .

She's human, being human means you have emotions.

Being too caught up in living the same life wondering about how others live better than her, she forgets about herself. Sooyoung forgets that she's human, that she cares. She forgets that she's capable of understanding everyone else despite the differences in their lives. She forgets that she can change too, that she can slowly adapt to new things.

She never felt lonely, and someone in the name of Jiwoo made her realize this, she always made her Saturdays different. Now, she's one step closer to making her entire life change.

Yet this still doesn't change the fact that Sooyoung was completely in fear.

They both knew it, they both understood each other without having to say it, but none of them was even trying to make a move.

Sooyoung doesn't want them to stay like this, but she also doesn't want to hurt her either.

"Well then, what do you say about helping me re-decorate my house?" She asks, and Jiwoo panics as she turns her head to look at her.