Dark Castle

Walking up the long winding path on the hill, I feel the autumn breeze blowing on my hair. The path gets narrower and narrower as I reach the top of the hill. My eyes drift upwards, I see ravens circling in the sky. One of them breaks away from the murmuration to land on the tip of something. My gaze lowers to find myself face to face with a castle that seemed to be for giants.

I could hear waves crashing the cliff, birds were crowing as I admired the dark green moss and vines growing along the side of the castle walls. I could almost taste the sea air on the tip of my tongue. The old castle walls are as dark as an old mineshaft. The clouds are death rolling in. The windows are like black holes, sucking you in until you get trapped and can't escape. I take a step forward, looking around me. I take another step.

The wind whistles wildly throughout the sky. The windows are begging me to go in. After walking closer, I am now in front of the building, my eyes look around to check I am safe. I reach my hand out to touch the rough, cold rock. I can smell the damp and rot from inside.

I look inside again, but this time I see a dark figure standing there.

No more than one second later and it's gone. Stepping backwards, I almost fall. I look around, but suddenly I feel a hand snatch my wrist and pull me in.

Nothing. I feel, see, smell, taste, hear nothing.