Chapter 22: Dathnar

A/N: Video by TekinBeatz on YouTube

Getting through the workday of the scheduled family dinner felt like torture to Dathnar, though the dinner itself was probably going to be agonizing itself. The previous day he hadn't gotten the chance to see Eliza again. In the short time apart, Dathnar missed Eliza's sweet words and heat filled touches. He was glad that they would be announcing their future mating soon. He did not know how much longer he could hold himself back from completely taking his female.

He found his thoughts drifting to the past as he completed the load of paperwork it took to run a mine. It had been five years since he had retired as warlord from his position with the Coalition Battle Troops, and in a way his missed the physical action of his previous title. Paper pushing was boring for him, though he was good with the numbers and the social skills required for the business. That is why he mostly occupied himself by working deep in the new caverns of the mines, chopping away at the rocky walls, unearthing the precious orb that made him rich.

Even at forty-three spacs, he was still as physically fit as he was in his younger years and enjoyed the burn that pulsed through his muscles as he swung his heavy ax. He preferred letting his assistant Dax handle most of the paperwork the job entailed, but he could not place it all on the male, especially since the male spent a large amount of his time training his beloved younger sister, though he doubted she still needed the instruction, and from her reaction to the male, she did not desire it either.

At that moment, his assistant walked into his office. "So I was thinking maybe I can be of assistance to you with this family dinner tonight."

Dathnar smiled inwardly. With his extensive military training, he was also good at reading others, and it was even easier since he knew Dax. The male had something up his sleeve. "Is that right? How so?"

"I could accompany you; you know to offer you brotherly support. We are like brothers, right? I could be there just in case things take a turn in the wrong direction." Dathnar realized he was lying. Dax would not look him the eye.

"What direction is that, brother?" He could barely hold back his laugh.

"Well, for one, I can just imagine you trying to murder Uric. That would not make the right impression on your future family. I could keep you both in line, help make sure the dinner goes smoothly." Dax continued before Dathnar could say anything.

"Plus, Eliza's family likes me. I could help you win them over." That was the truth at least. He had witnessed Dax interactions with her family. They had always reacted warmly to his friend. Him, not so much, though he completely understood why. Had someone almost dropped his heart's fated to their doom, he would be angry and cold, too.

"I'll think about it.", he replied. He, of course, would welcome his brother to accompany him, but he wanted to see him sweat. Dathnar wanted the male to admit his true reason for wanting to go.

"How long do you need to think about it?"

Dathnar cocked one brow spix and stared at Dax, not offering him an answer, and shuffled the huge stack of paperwork that remained incomplete.

"Come on. You know you need me.", Dax stated in a matter-of-fact manner. It was not a lie. He could use someone else on his side there, but he would not admit it.

"Eliza will keep me rational. She always knows just what to do." With that idea, he imagined her placating him in inappropriate ways. Naughty thoughts filled his mind, notions that should not be in the same thought process as dinner with her family. Still, he could not help but imagine Eliza pulling him outside, out of eyes view, dropping to her knees, and taking him into her hot, wet mouth with her parents not too far away.