Ch 4: Unhealed Wounds

(This chapter is mostly family centered, not everything is about you MC. (jk jk))

Panic ensued, with family members trying to process everything that just happened while also running for safety.

Your body collapsed on its knees, hunched over with your head tightly in your grip, mouth agape with tears falling down your nose. The pain burned, while feeling freezing cold at the same time. Your muscles tensed, before falling numb and you could no longer move.

The Madrigals gasped in shock, Julieta rushing for you, before watching Mirabel run for the candle. Isabela and Luisa stared in shock, crying out to you as your body slowly became cold stone.

Casita was crumbling down, walls falling apart and the floors rising in waves to usher everyone out. Mirabel fought against time and rushed for the fallen candle on the windowsill.

Isabela reached out with her powers, to swing up to the roof and reach the candle, but her vines disappeared out of her grip, leaving her to fall out of the air. She fell onto a couple support beams casita reached out, before rolling to the floor beside your form. Her eyes desperately looking to you, then to Mirabel.

Camilo was rushing through the second floor to try and follow, but his shapeshifting failed him and he fell short from reaching the roof. Casita had to reach with some railing to catch him, but even then he took a tumble to the floor, looking to his hands and to you in shock.

Luisa protected Abuela Alma from the impact as they were thrown onto the ground outside. Julieta and Agustín holding each other while crying out for Mirabel to leave the candle and get to safety.

The rest of the family could only watch as Bruno's tower collapsed and dust rose from casita as it fell to ruin.

There was a grim silence that fell over Encanto. The skies grey and cloudy, as townspeople wandered out of their homes, checking for any injured people.

Then all their eyes fell to the ruins that stood up on the hill, where the home of the Madrigals once stood.

The family in shock, checking up on each other. Julieta making sure Mirabel was alright, Camilo worrying over Antonio's gift. No one really knew what to say.

From outside the ruins, Isabela and Luisa found you. Pushing aside the rocks and broken beams, they looked over your form on the ground.

The cracks on the ground split through Encanto, but a branch had reached out to you and climbed up you form. After casita had thrown everyone out, it had managed to move you away from the falling tower and you wound up on the side beneath the second floor.

Or where it used to be.

You laid partially on your side, curled tightly holding your head, but there was no sign of breathing, no movement.

More of the family joined to see you, gasping as they witnessed the statue you had become.

Antonio walked up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder, but there was no give, only a hard surface.

"What happened to him?" He asked quietly, looking up to his parents with fearful eyes.

Pepa and Félix didn't know what to say, so they only ushered their child to come to their embrace.

Drops of rain began to spot your body, drops falling into the cracks that climbed your shape.

Isabela stood quietly beside her sister, before Julieta's voice rang from the ruins, voice laced with concern.

'Mirabel? Where's Mirabel?'

Everyone begin looking around, noticing her disappearance.

-