𝗏𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗍

Y/n's phone rang as she put things in her backpack. Y/n set her stuff down and picked up her phone. The caller ID read: Demetri 🧙🏻‍♂️

Y/n smiled and picked up the phone "Hey! what's up?"
Demetri's heart fluttered at the sound of her voice. They hadn't talked in a bit. "Hey! Miguel and Eli invited me to the beach with them and since Moon is coming with Eli I thought maybe you'd like to come with me?" Demetri answered.

"Shoot...I'd love to but I'm busy, rain check?" Y/n sighed. "O-oh...uh uh yeah totally." Demetri fiddled with the bottom of his shirt. "I'm sorry Demetri" Y/n replied. "It's totally fine! You have stuff to do" Demetri said. Demetri watched as Eli pulled up to his house "I gotta go, bye" Demetri said before hanging up. "Okay—Damn he hung up on me" Y/n muttered and set her phone down.

Y/n grabbed her shoes and was about to put them on before her phone dinged. She picked it up once more and opened it. There was a message from Sam.

——-Sam :)——

Sam :)
Look at this video!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx/YouTube.com

——-

Y/n's brow rose and clicked on the video. It was just a music video of (favorite artist). But before it started an ad came on. Green trees, waterfall, meditation, and her dad?!? "Holy shit..."Y/n's mouth gaped open.

"Inner peace, focus, balance...these are just some of the skills you will master when you join Miyagi-Do Karate. I'm Daniel LaRusso and before I was the number one auto dealer in the Valley. I was two time All Valley under 18 champion. Now you can learn the secrets of Okinawan Karate. True karate. By joining Miyagi-Do team. Don't be a snake in the grass. Be a champion. Tweet us at hashtag team Miyagi-do. And all lessons are free. That's right free. Because at Miyagi-do, it's not about the money, it's about the karate." The ad ended.
What an amazing way to start off the day.

◢▆█▆██◣♥◢██▆█▆◣

Y/n got to the dojo. Sam and Robby were practicing together deciding not to disrupt them she went over to the punching bag. "Alright, guys! Enough chitchat, let's see where you're at" Daniel called out. Y/n stopped hitting the punching bag and headed over to Robby and Sam.

Two boys walked in "Good afternoon" Daniel greeted.
"Hi—uh we're looking for Miyagi-Do," the darker boy asked. "You're in the right place" Daniel responded with a smile. "Commercial said lessons are free" the other boy added. "They sure are," Daniel responded.

The boys watched as Y/n, Sam, and Robby walked behind Daniel. The boy who had previously talked eyed Y/n with a grin. Y/n gave him a tiny smile trying to be polite. "You guys ready to get started?" Daniel asked the two boys. They looked at each other before nodding "yeah"

"Great! I have a couple cans of paint out front. The fence back here could use a fresh coat. Robby will show you" Daniel said. The boys looked at each other in confusion. "You want us to paint your fence?" They one eying Y/n asked. "Keep an open mind, guys. It'll all make sense later" Robby said jumping into the conversation. " in order to fully learn Miyagi-Do karate, you have to unlearn your misconceptions about what constitutes training" Daniel explained.

" I knew this was bullshit. This is all just some scam to get kids to do your yard work, huh?" The darker boy retorted. "no, no. this is part of the process." Daniel said.
The boys scoffed "yeah. The process. My mom was right. With car salesman, you always gotta read the fine print."