one

Kaeya had fallen in love three times.

He seemed amused with the mysterious mondstat's alchemist that appeared out of nowhere. One day the man just stood at the front gates, a vision in his hand, looking for a job. Since that day Kaeya watched from afar, as the one called Albedo worked hard enough on his studies that he got past sweet Sucrose. He saw him go to the top, quickly becoming one of the most trusted alchemists in Tevyat. Even when in Liyue on duty he had heard the name; therefore it was no surprise when the knights took him in. There, he impressed everyone. His skills were unmatchable - enough to make Timateus his assistant, instead of a master. So, Kaeya watched him and wondered how.

"Your reputation precedes you." He said to him one day. He invited him for a walk on their day off, through the flower fields. When Albedo cleared the confusion on his face he nodded. Without prior preparation they went out, not worrying about anything. They stopped beside a cliff, where one could feel the spring breeze.

"I'm just doing my job, calvary capitan"

Always so quiet, introverted, Kaeya thought back then. Not easy to talk to. Focuses only on the job and not really on the fun that comes from it. But, Kayea never stopped trying, his interest in Albedo already blooming.
He wasn't really present in the city, Kaeya noticed. He always wondered where he had gone, and he had the chance to find out on one of his expeditions, on the cool day of february.

Dragonspine was especially cold this time of year. Freezing, alone, it stood there, deserted. Kaeya didn't quite take a liking to the mountain, as he thought it was too depressing. The snow was always so bright and fresh, covering every inch of the ground, not a flame to find around. There never was a sign of humanity, somebody to break that loneliness. That is why it came as a surprise for him, when he had found footsteps in the snow.
Without alerting anyone else of the expedition members he followed them, his trusted sword in hand. It seemed to lead to some sort of a lab, a workstation. There, he saw blond hair sticking out behind a counter. Kaeya let his guard down, putting his sword away.

"Mister head alchemist." He guessed, surprised.

"Ah, hello," Albedo said calmly, now looking at him, "Have you came to visit me?"

Albedo smiled softly and although Kaeya won't admit it, he made him a little bit nervous.

"I didn't know you had your work station here," He began, eyeing approaching Albedo.

"Everyone has their secrets, mister cavalry captain." Stated the blonde, standing eye to eye with the man.

"Kaeya is fine." He said softly.

"Alright then, sir Kaeya."

The way his name was spoken,

Kaeya thinks that then, maybe he fell in love with the pretty stranger.