Prologue

North Sea
8 September 1992, 2.00 pm

The Kriegsmarine is conducting a naval exercise with the Norwegian, Danish and Dutch Navy, a total of 12 ships. The captain of the combined task fleet flagship, Vaterland-class nuclear powered aircraft carrier KMS Vaterland, Hellmuth Sieger, is inspecting the fleet with his binoculars in the captain room.

Sieger: Ah, the scene of the fleet is indeed marvelous isn't it?

Rear Captain: Indeed. Herr Kapitän.

The comms in the captain room start ringing. Sieger picks up the comms then listening it.

Submarine Captain: Herr Kapitän, This is U-1405. Our crews detected a large movement of wave 60 kilometers away Northwest.

Sieger: You may continue to observe.

Submarine Captain: Jawohl!

Once the comms ended, the captain look up the sky and it's getting darker.

Sieger: It's concerning. I thought the weather broadcast said today weather will be clear.

Rear Captain: I don't know. Herr Kapitän. Something is definitely wrong in this area.

Suddenly, the comms ring again. This time around it's from one of the pilot.

Sieger: Again?!!

Then he picks up the comms.

Pilot: This is Alpha-3. Our squadron detected a heavy storm and incoming. Possible high winds are also detected.

Sieger: Continue to observe and return if necessary.

Pilot: Jawohl.

Then the squadron of MBB Tornado continues to fly.

Sieger: I have a bad feeling about this.

*Facepalms

45 minutes later

The naval exercise is still going. But the planes are landed and not doing sortie because of the abnormal weather. Suddenly, he saw the wave, storm and lighting appeared in front of them.

Sieger: Ah Schieße...

Rear Captain: Mein Gött...

Sieger: Everyone in the fleet. We got a storm incoming. Brace yourselves! Grab as tight as you can!

He talks through the comms then the large wave splashed the ships also the carrier.

Sieger: Schieße!

The wave cause the ship to be unstable and he fell down the floor.

Rear Captain: Kapitän are you okay?

Sieger: I'm okay. How is the other ships in the fleet? Also contact the Naval HQ as well.

Rear Captain: Jawohl!

Captains: We're okay. Herr Kapitän.

The captain from other ships explain their situation through the comms.

Rear Captain: This is KMS Vaterland. We got an emergency!

Naval HQ: Explain it.

Rear Captain: We got heavy storm and high waves incoming! I'm afraid our fleet can't continue the exercise.

After 30 seconds, the HQ response.

Naval HQ: Alright. This is an order. Abort the exercise! Abort the exercise! Brace yourselves.

Rear Captain: Understood.

After he finished communicate with the HQ. Another high wave coming towards the fleet again.

Sieger: Mein Gött... What kind of bad luck is this? Everyone hold tight and brace yourselves!

This time, the wave splashed through the surface fleet and they are disappeared. Only naval vessel left are the German submarine U-1405 and Norwegian submarine Ula.

U-1405 Captain: Schieße! Our comms is disconnected from the surface fleet. That only remains Ula left.

U-1405 Crew: What are we going to do now? Herr Kapitän.

U-1405 Captain: We're going to communicate to Ula to see if th--. Ah Schieße!

The whole room of  the submarine shakes so heavily even the whole crew can feel it same as Ula. The thunder struck the water where the subs are under it. Thus the last two submarines are also disappeared as well.

Unknown Area, Unknown Time

Vaterland: Argh. My head hurts.

A shipgirl is floating on top of the water. She is trying to open her eyes to see her surroundings.

Vaterland: Ah, much better.

She opened her eyes and only found herself in the middle of the ocean. But the sky is very clear right now. She looks around and recognize the colour of the seawater.

Vaterland: Wait. Am I in North Sea right now? Is the storm had already passed?

She noticed she is wearing a German admiral outfit with a skirt and an admiral coat on her back. She also saw she wearing a rigging.

Vaterland: Hold up. Am I a shipgirl? Also where is my Kameraden?

She looks around and see if anyone is here. Suddenly, she heard a female sound near her.

???: Anybody here?

Vaterland: Yes! It's me the KMS Vaterland!

She shouted.

???: I'm KMS Dönitz! Can you hear me?

???: I'm KMS Bromberg! You hear me Vaterland?

Vaterland: Yes I am! Assemble here now!

Dönitz opened her radar and detected the position of Vaterland.

Dönitz: Let's go Bromberg! She is waiting for us.

Bromberg: Jawohl.

Then they cruising towards her.

Vaterland: Alright is everyone here?

Bromberg: No. We got 9 ships not to be found yet.

Vaterland: *Sighs. Alright. Turn on our radar to see the other ship presence.

*Radar scanning*

Dönitz: We detected three ships right now. What should we do?

Vaterland: I don't know. Let's wait them to respond for now.

Meanwhile in 20 kilometers from the modern fleet

Three Ironblood shipgirls are conducting naval patrol in the sea. They are Tirpitz, Z23 and Prinz Eugen. While they are patrolling, they detected a signal from their radar.

Prinz Eugen: We detected a radar signal from the West direction. What should we do now Tirpitz?

Tirpitz: Let's head to that direction and observe the source of the signal. Z23 take the lead.

Prinz Eugen & Z23: Jawohl!