I

Chapter 1 - A Sweet Escape

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

In some ways, the Monet family was seen as perfect; their bloodline was as pure as they come and their ancestry was full of the greatest French Witches and Wizards in history. They were considered one of the most powerful and most feared families in the wizarding world and you could see how much that was taken in their stride.

This in mind, it was no surprise the amount of influence they had at the ministry and this had allowed both Monet parents to take advantage of said fact. In between hushed voices and her daughters pleading cries, Cassandra (in a raging fit of insomnia and anger) wondered how on earth she managed to survive the joys of her childhood. Lonely silences became homely and trusting, the bruises became a constant dye etched onto her skin and the constant resentment was so powerful it could've been dangerous. 

She had come to terms with the idea of spending the rest of her life being homesick in the house that was supposed to provide her comfort with the parents that were supposed to smother her in love and affection. Sometimes, if she really thought, a tear would be brought to her ten year old self as she watched other parents with joyously proud smiles etched onto their faces, adoration melted into their expressions as they made memories with their child. The longing for the affectionate parental relationships had never left the blonde, it permanently left a gaping hole in her heart all throughout her childhood and continued into her adolescence and at the rate at which her relationship with her parents was deteriorating she will die with a sorrowful pit in her stomach. It only worsened when the Monet parents received the letter from their daughter of her house. The looks of pure disgust increased along with bruising touches and dark arts used on the girl , soon enough the blonde's good girl act dissipated just as quick as her love for her parents; the more hits she took, the more her heart broke.

Eyes, wandering around the station, Cassandra tried her best to distract herself from the fact that the circulation in her left arm had been gone for about half an hour now. Eva Monet's deathly grip on the girls bicep hadn't faltered since the moment it was placed there when they apparated to Kings Cross Station. The platform was bustling as ever; teenagers fighting to get out the loving embraces of their emotional parents as they prepare to be without their child for a prolonged period, girls squealing as they were reunited with their friends, overwhelming crowds only made the stressful atmosphere worse alongside the headache-inducing noise.  

However, although you wouldn't be able to tell from her bored expression, Cassandra almost felt her heart leap out of her chest when she spotted Marlene stood next to Christian Sinclair, the pair keeping a fair distance away from Cass and her family, well aware of her mothers behaviour. Instead the three opted for a form of silent communication and simply nodded towards each other, an understanding forming that they were all okay before the two made their way onto the train- Cassandra was sure she would spend the first two hours of the travel trying to find them. Once again, Cassandra was stuck in silence next to Eva as she spoke to the parents of the Slytherins who were soon interrupted by their sons; Regulus Black, Lucius Malfoy, Rodolphus Lestrange, Theodorre Nott, and her cousin Alexei. All of the small group had decided to make it their mission to get the girl riled up so while their parents joined together in conversation, the boys decided to entertain themselves with the blonde. None of the Slytherin's worth listening to approached the girl, so she was left with the likes of Narcissa who talked at her and the rest of the boys who just pestered her, trying to get her to break her cold demeanour.