My parents tried to get me to do ballet once. That didn't really work out. All it was was a bunch of preppy girls making me feel like crap for having health problem but balancing in plié whilst it happened.

Diabetes sucks. I mean, watching my blood sugar all the time sure is not fun. My hair feels like it's always falling out because I have to be cautious all the time. I always need to know everything about my body at every second. It's like my body is a stranger to me, a meat cage to carry around my mind.

There was this new kid, Miguel is his name, I think. Kyler and the other assholes call him Rhea, diarrhea you know? Even though Rhea would actually be a very pretty name if it wasn't for the purpose of making fun of someone. "Sup Rhea!" "Hey Rhea, where you going?" "Ayyyy Rhea!" Has a ring to it. Not better than being named after an 80s legend though.

"You're working yourself to the bone, Lennon."

"Eh, it's fine Demmi."

Demmi leans against the wall, "You know, I always have wanted to know why you call me that. You do that my name is Demetri?"

I smiled over at him while leaning forward to wipe off more of the tables, "Well, Demmi, Demmi just rolls off my tongue so naturally. I just could never imagine anything different for you, Demmi." Demmi rolled his eyes.

Demmi came and sat down at the table I was at. Him and I had worked at this Burger King for a little bit together, we were both 16. We also went to the same school, we just didn't talk much there. Actually, I didn't talk much to anyone there.

"So, here's the thing. You know that new kid, he has got some major balls. Man is going after Sam Larusso, Samantha Larusso. I mean, is he out of his mind?"

I shrugged, "Thinking with his dick and not his mind I guess." Demmi giggled at that. I shifted through the keychains that were attached to a loop on my jeans. I had a little pouch I carried a little bag of Cheerios in just in case my blood sugar drop. Today, it did. I started getting snappy with some customers again but I need to prove to my parents that having diabetes doesn't have to keep me from being a regular kid. They keep treating me like I just got diagnosed.

I know what I am doing. God, I just wish they would see that. I am more than diabetes. Yet that is all anyone sees me as anymore. Poor Lennon! Poor Lennon! I don't give a shit, and they shouldn't either. My health and life is no one else's business but my own. What if I can find something I am really good at? Something I could crush anyone at that made people forget. Made them forget that I had diabetes. That would be fucking great.