"Hey piggy!"

What an ass.

And an idiot. He does know that diabetes type 1 is from birth right, you don't do anything to get it. What's so bad about being bigger anyways? Oh no! A girl had a thigh! We must persecute her for being a witch. Like Kyler just needs to take some medical and how not to be an asshat classes.

I have been hearing a lot about this new dojo, Cobra Kai. Demmi was talking about it nonstop at work. He thinks it's weird but that new kid Miguel is in it. Unfortunately, it gives him a sense of confidence that ends up with him getting his ass beat.

Speaking of Miguel, his little crush has rumors about her spreading like wildfire. Kyler is trying to say she gave him a blowjob, even made some comments about her father. Honestly, I think it's bullshit. Sam may be a priss, but she most likely will not do anything sexual until her 30s. I don't know, she gives me a crazy cat lady vibe.

I sit at my lonely table, as usual. I usually just put on my bulky headphones and drift off to a playlist, and big surprise, I decide to also do that today. White Rabbit fills my ears as I watch Sam Larusso stomp up to Kyler. If I had to guess, it was over the rumors, but then again I am not the most intuitive. Yet, this was pretty damn obvious.

As I saw her PISSED expression, I decide to take off my headphones, this is better entertainment. Kyler had this smug look that I wanted to drag off his face and beat him with, but this is Sam's problem at the moment. No one could hear them until Kyler decided to get everyone in the lunchroom involved in it.

"Hey! Guys! You know that billboard with the big ass dick on it? I guess Sam takes after her Dad." He shrugged and laughed. He laughed. God I hated that dumbass laugh.  Can he just shut the hell up for two seconds? Maybe we'd finally get world peace or something.

Oh fuck. The new kid is walking over. This shit is getting spicy, "Hey Kyler!"

Is he dumb?

"Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?"

Kyler looked like it was the first someone told him no before.

"Want another beat down, Rhea?"

Pretty creative name.

"I'm ready for your lame ass karate this time."

Kyler went in to punch him, I kinda flinched for Miguel for a second. But I don't hear any dramatic "ooooos" in the lunchroom because all I hear is Miguel's voice.

"It's not lame ass karate. It's Cobra Kai."

He caught his fist.

Fuck.

I got up and rushed over to see the fight, well more of a beat down. Aisha was in it! Aisha! I couldn't see anything really besides peoples phones recording. This was badass. Pure badassery. This is Cobra Kai? Whatever it is, it is keeping these guys badass and not beat up, and I want every part of it.

———————————————————————————

AP English is kicking my ass. It's only been a couple of hours since the fight, which still had me very inspired to kick ass. I asked Mr. Walkerson to go to the bathroom. I need a break from analyzing the Scarlett Letter before I go insane.

I sit down in the far stall and get out my phone. I'm just scrolling through Snapchat stories right now, watching Brad Mondo freak out at some home bleach jobs. The door creaks open. Hopping off the toilet, I look out of the little crack in the stall door and see Aisha. You know what? I want to congratulate her on beating the shit out of those grade 1 jerkwads.

Walking towards the sinks, I look at my Offspring tshirt and dirty gray sweatpants. God I looked like a mess. My greasy hair clanged onto my scalp by a thread, it was thinning out. Gross scabs we're on my arms with scars from me picking at them too much, it was a compulsive thing. My insulin pump hiked up my shirt a little bit on the side.

"Umm... hey, I saw you in the fight today. Pretty badass." I nervously said.

Aisha had a smirk of sweet pride, "Why, thank you. Your name is Lennon right?"

"Yes actually. How'd you know?"

"Just because you isolate yourself, doesn't mean you aren't noticed girl." I accidentally made eye contacts
with her in the mirror for a short second and then quickly looked back to my hands. I fidgeted with my nails for a second.

Aisha turned her focus towards me again, "You know, you seem frantic, anxious all the time. Cobra Kai could help you. I could get you a discount with Sensei Lawrence, you know?"

"I was actually thinking about coming to your next practice. When is it? I could ask my parents." I leaned towards her, "The parents are a little more helicopter cause you know." I pointed at my pump.

"Fuck, that sucks. Warning though, Sensei is not exactly up to date with society. He will be a lot less sensitive than anyone else so, keep that in mind. We have a private practice after school today that's not on the site, tomorrow though, we have a practice for everyone who wants to come. You can come to the practice today though?"

I looked up my my shoes and looked at her directly, "Yeah as long as my parents approve, what's your Snap?"

Aisha giggled, "Don't laugh, aisha_hates_twinkies. Joke between me and Sensei."

Wait. Am I...... actually participating? Aisha wants me to join her badass dojo. Me! The diabetes girl! Oh. My. God. Last year me would have already hurled over and died at this point. This is awesome. I cannot fucking wait.

———————————————————————————

My old brown Bronco revved up as I pulled out of the driveway at my house. It was an old car, but a damn good one that I absolutely adored. Since I am 16, I have a car that I have saved up to buy myself over like 4 years, childhood dream car. When I got held back a year, gave me more time to find people in the grade whose parents needed babysitters.

Aisha had sent me the address. I was still in those dirty sweatpants but now I had put on a sports bra and oversized brown zip up hoodie. I practically begged my parents to come. You could see my entire pump now, but I don't give a shit.

The gravel in the parking lot of the sketchy ass strip rattled my car. I saw the Cobra Kai symbol on a window and pulled my car over. Hopping out , I spotted Aisha in the window and walked over to slowly open the door. Aisha, the new kid, and an older blonde dude all looked directly into my soul. This was awkward.

"Who are you?" The blonde man asked.

"Who are you?"

The man scoffed, "I'm the owner of this dojo." I took my shoes off and stepped on the mat, eyeing the man curiously. He done the same, slowly getting closer as he glared. He pointed at my pump, "What is that?"

I couldn't help but laugh at him, "What does it look like?" I give a little smirk, crossing my arms.

"You know what kid, you got attitude. I like that but again, what is that shit?"

"Insulin pump. I have diabetes type 1."

The man raised one of his eyebrows, "Badass. Own that shit. Imma call you Pump."

You know, most people would be offended that he just didn't ask for my name at all, but I found it kind of cool, I guess. This is the first time that diabetes didn't seem like a weakness, but something that just made me badass. Something that made me strong. I want this. I. Need. This.

"Well Sensei, how do I get started?"