36.When Soliders Head Home

Philky POV
2 Years and 3 months Later

I pack up the files while Victor tosses them out to Clark to burn. We were able to find the rest of the league and their home base putting a final stop to them all, with some other bad guys along the way. I haven't found the address Janelle was talking about to check on around this time and its bothering me. Clark and Victor claims they don't know what I'm talking about, I'll figure it out, I've cracked all of her other riddles I'll do this one.

Khalil, has gotten back to his normal self he's moved back to the Valley, he and Wo had gotten together, he talks about Janelle a lot still, it breaks my heart that I couldn't bring her back for him. Not yet anyway. Not yet.

Victor:That's the last of it man, we ready to get up outta here.

I nod and I see Clark coming in his duffle bag on his shoulder.

Clark:Are you sure that you're okay? This plan was supposed to stretch over at least four years, you cut the time down in half, but you don't look the least bit burnt out.

I chuckle and shake my head tossing my bag onto my back, Victor holding his bag, I look around the studio we've been in for 2 years, we weren't able to track down Maya, where ever she's at she's hiding well.

Me:It's something you get used to man. But keep in touch alright?

Clark:You bet, pleasure doing business with you Gentlemen.

Victor:Likewise man.

He's the first to leave and then me and Victor start to go over the place making sure everything is cleaned up and nothing is left. My train leaves back to Freeland in a hour and then I'll drive back to the Valley.

As we uber to the train and before we go our separate ways Victor hands me a piece of paper, I frown and take it.

Victor:She knew what you were capable of, this is the last of it. Good luck man.

I repeat it back before looking at the paper before heading to my train, I find a seat on the upper deck and towards the back, I put my stuff on the ground next to me and I pull out my notebook and computer, I look around before grabbing the paper. I unfold it and see it's some coordinates with a date and time with a sentence that's kind of smudged, maybe from age.

"Diamonds never crack under pressure because that's how they're made, but every now and again they need a drink of that extra clear stuff that makes you hiss as it goes down." What in the hell Janelle? I shake my head at the weird sentence before typing in the coordinates seeing they appear in Freeland, what the hell? I zoom in more and see it's the cemetery that she was buried, Jefferson told me that he managed to buy a family grave plot in the cemetery and Janelle is now next to his father and when I zoom in I see her headstone with her face a bouquet of Roses sitting on the bottom of it. How the hell did she know she'd be moved there? Could she really see the future? I check the date and time and see that it's for tomorrow night at 1:00am. What's so special about tomorrow night? Why did she pick tomorrow night?

I pull up the lunar calendar and see it's a new moon, great I don't even need to know that she's trying to get me killed. I close the computer and look at the words over and over, Janelle has always talked about memories because what she or someone else did always applied to the future, she had no reason to give me any of her DNA unless it had something to do with now.

I search for almost a hour for the video and watch it.

"but instead of my soul, I can project the part of my soul that has my abilities. Sounds wacky but believe me. I'm still doing the research but we know Metas aren't "normal" so some of it is personal research. "