Chapter 1

AN//: This chapter is based on The Pretty Reckless song called You. Give it a listen. All characters belong to Euphoria and rightful owners.

"You don't want me, no
You don't need me

Like I want you, oh
Like I need you

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life."

She of course saw them. They made no effort to hide their loving PDA in the cafeteria full of their peers and a few teachers. I mean why would they?

Rue had finally gotten the girl she'd always wanted.

Jules sat practically on top of Rue, her head nestled in the crook where her neck and shoulder met. No doubt breathing in the smell of her lover.

Lexi read an article in one of Cassie's many cheesy, teen magazines that when you're in a relationship,  you grew attached to your partners pheromones.

"It doesn't matter what kind of perfume, cologne, or shampoo your partner wears — whatever it is, it's probably one of your favorite scents. For example, you used to roll your eyes when you caught a whiff of Axe body spray because it reminded you of overly enthusiastic teenage boys. But it became your personal catnip when your girlfriend started wearing it; the smell of her skin is intoxicating. When you smell someone you care about, logic goes out the window, and the scent of their skin becomes more alluring than a fresh-baked pie wafting through an open window."

What a load of horseshit. Well, Lexi couldn't actually say that as she was practically a nun and had no experience to even test the pheromone theory on.

"I love you. So fucking much."

Lexi heard it even though Rue whispered it into Jules ear. Lexi could see Jules shiver as Rue's breath tickled her.

Lexi felt her stomach turn and her palms became sweaty as she struggled to hold back the bile that rose in her throat. She got up with such suddenness that Rue looked at her confused as to what caused the abrupt move on Lexi's part.

"I, uh, I have to go." Lexi stammered as the acid burnt her throat from the vomit she was holding back.

Rue looked at her with a touch of concern and made a move to say something but Jules interrupted whatever she was going to say.

"Remember the party starts at 9. But be at my place at 7 and we can all get ready together." Jules smiled softly at Lexi.

Lexi hated that she liked Jules. She was a great person. But it just made everything that much harder. She wanted a reason to hate her but she just couldn't.

Jules tried extra hard with Lexi as she knew Lexi and Rue had been best friends since kindergarten. She wanted Rue's friends to like her. Lexi could understand but it still made everything suck that much more.

She was too soft and the guilt ate her alive everytime she looked at Rue.

"Yeah, no, of course. I'll be there." Lexi mumbled and shot the couple a small smile before sprinting off.

"You can't see me, no
Like I see you
I can't have you, no
Like you have me
And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life"

Lexi walked in the door to the stale stench of alcohol, cigarette smoke and burnt food. No doubt her mother had tried to cook a meal and in her drunken stupor had forgotten it on the stove. Again.

Lexi made her way to the kitchen and made sure the stove was off. She didn't trust her mother to be a responsible adult for once and make sure she didn't burn the place down.