Is This a Dream?

It was after school and you had a lot of homework to do and you didn’t really want to do it but you were really far behind because doing the work was boring and you didn’t really care enough to pay attention in the classes. But you knew if you didn’t your mother would have your head. Your father would be mad but at least he would try and help.

You finally saw your house a little ways away not very far. At least you can get a snack before you do your very overdue work.

When you open the door you go to the kitchen to find a snack, a stack of books and a note on the table. When you drop your bag on a nearby chair you go check the note. The note says:

Y/n your father and I are busy tonight working and won’t be home until late, I put food in the fridge just heat it in the microwave.

-love mom

Your mother was very traditional when it came to note writing and much proffered that over texting unless it was important. Your father was the opposite and would let you text him for any reason or let would text you rather than write a note like your mom.

You turn to the books that didn’t seem to be mentioned on the note. You look at the cover and notice it was the Warrior Cats books you used to read when you were in the 6th grade up until 8th grade when you fell off. That was a couple of years ago now.

The memories of your friends roleplaying the cats from the books on the playground and you went as Firestar for Holloween one year. It makes you want to reread the books or at least reread the first series and remember what the series was about. You remember the major events like Speckledtail’s kits being taken to Shadowclan in the first book. Or how later in the series Swiftpaw gets killed by the dogs and Brightheart half-blinded.

There are more that you remember but those were just off the top of your head. You decide at least reading the first chapter if Into The Wild couldn’t hurt then you could do your work. Plus your parents aren’t around to interpret you anyway.

You grab the book, take it to the living room and begin to read the book. As you begin to read, a sinkhole develops underneath you and before you could notice you were falling.
—-----------------------------------------------
When you open your eyes you see the forest around you confused as to where you are you try to stand up only to realize how small things are also a cat for some reason. At first, you really didn’t want to believe you had turned into a cat unless you were dreaming. Because how would you logically be able to turn into a cat unless it was a dream.

Suddenly you were pinned to the ground “what are you doing on our territory” hissed a voice
You feel their claws against your skin they threaten to push into your skin. In your panic, you push your attacker off of you and you leap in your attacker but unlike your attacker, you use your claws on their shoulders.

When you look at your attacker properly you notice they look familiar the attacker is a grey tom with yellow eyes. Graypaw? What is he doing here? Wasn't he meant to be with Firepaw?

You growl your ears pinned back against your head fur rising along your spine.

“Who even are you?” spat Graypaw lifting his back paws onto your belly flipping you off of him and onto the ground. You feel the impact of the ground but the pain didn’t quite register immediately.

“Why do I owe you my name when you are attacking me?” You hissed out.

Graypaw was now on his paws he opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the sound of another cat. “Hello?” the voice meows

You both whip around at the sound of the other cat to see it was another flamed-coloured tom with a blue-collar round his neck.

“Hi” you meow surprised Rusty wasn’t who you were expecting but you would take him over Bluestar or Lionheart. Trying to explain what you're doing here sounds far too hard at the moment. Especially when you have Greypaw and Rusty here.