1

It all started on Dokja's birthday last year. A few flowers left at his doorstep that appeared again once every month, then once a week, until they were coming every day. At first, he had thought they were mistakenly left there, who knows maybe someone in his apartment complex had a romantic for a lover. But then the flowers were accompanied by some of his favourite web novels and author's autographs. The gifts kept growing in size and price until after six months of having these packages left at his home he found his front door unlocked and nothing at his apartment door.

Did I forget to lock the door before going to work today? He tilts his head in confusion and gives the door a scrutinizing stare. You're not that careless, are you Kim Dokja? He asks himself. No, he definitely locked the door before he left so that'd mean someone broke in. But, why? He was just a tired middle-aged salaryman, he didn't even have anything of value in his apartment, there was nothing to steal.

Slowly he opens the door, using it as a shield should anyone come running out at being caught. A few seconds of silence. Nothing happens, no shuffling sounds or whispers. Taking a deep breath Dokja quickly whips around the door, scanning the entrance area only to find.... Nothing. His house was as empty as always without a thing out of place and, if anything, it looked cleaner than before. Stepping into the entrance Dokaj calls out into the apartment.

"H-hello?"

No one answers. Walking further into his home Dokja notices a scent in the air and it smells delicious. A robber who doesn't actually steal anything and leaves freshly made meals too. He knows he should be worried about the fact that someone definitely broke in but he's also extremely tired. At least Dokja has enough common sense to not touch the food, whoever made could have poisoned it for all he knows. He may not be the most optimistic person but he still wanted to live. He goes to bed hungry deciding not to think about the situation at hand. That's a problem for him of tomorrow.

He wakes up the next day, a brand new meal set out for him and a note on his small kitchen table. He picks up the note to see fine, neat writing. Did you not like the food? Short and straight to the point. He reads the note again, just to make sure he isn't losing his mind and sinks into the kitchen chair. So it's the real deal. He has a stalker. Why someone would be stalking is something he can't fathom but he also can't refute the evidence before him.

What should he do? He can't exactly call the police, nothing was stolen and his place was cleaner than before the stalker broke in so he can't claim anything like robbery or even property damage. Breaking and entering was a no go because there were no signs of a break-in, the windows were in tack and the door, besides being left open, was perfectly fine. They'd think he was crazy.

In the end, Kim Dokja decides to leave it be. Maybe if he doesn't respond his stalker will get bored. And so, he goes on with his life completely ignoring all the small presents that show up at his house, the laundry that's done before it piles up, and the meals that are left for him every morning and night. He wakes up, buys something from a convenience store, goes to work, buys dinner at the convenience store, goes home, reads web novels and falls asleep. Rinse and repeat.

Finally, after a whole year, it stops. On Valentine's day morning, nothing is there. No food on the table or flowers on his doorstep. No note telling him to make sure to brush his hair or asking him how he's doing. Nothing. An empty hollowness grows inside of him and he feels... disappointed. He should be happy, this means his stalker has finally gotten bored and will leave him be. So why does he feel so lonely?

He spends the rest of his day curled up on the couch reading another web novel, his favourite, with a protagonist as lonely as he is. He sits there and reads until the sun goes down and the sky goes black. He really should go get something to eat, now he kind of wishes he had tried eating the food, even just once, to see if it tasted as good as it looked. Changing into a decent pair of pants and an oversized sweater, Dokja opens his door to see a man. He's huge, taller than Dokja by at least a few inches and even with the cap covering his eyes, his face is extremely handsome. Dokja stands, gawking at the other's beautiful face and, in turn, the man doesn't move or speak.

Dokja is too intimidated to say anything at first but the two have been standing there for at least 5 minutes now and he really just wanted to buy something to eat. He opens his mouth to say something but the stranger beats him to it. A deep, smooth voice that would make any woman swoon leaves the other's mouth.

"Happy birthday, Kim Dokja."

Huh? He looks up, eyes wide and surprise written all over his face.

"It seems you haven't liked the gifts I've left you for the past year. So this year I thought I'd give you something else for your birthday day."

His body begins to tremble, knees weak and wobbly. This man is dangerous, he instinctively knows that he is prey and this man his predator. He needs to leave. Now. He pushes past the man only to have something cover his mouth and a hand covering his eyes. His vision darkens and all strength leaves him, his body falling into the waiting embrace of the man's arms.

"This time, you'll live with me, pampered, spoiled and worry-free. I'll protect you from the outside world, my reader, my dreamer, my fate." The man whispers to himself, barely audible in the silent night and softly kisses Dokja's hair. "I love you, Dokja-ya."