Sirens & Mum

Y/n Pov:

As we sailed, I couldn't help but be happy. 

I finally realized that I love myself. Being with makeup and glamour and all that beauty, I was put on Circe's island, didn't feel nice. As soon as I got on the boat, and we started sailing, I changed into my black jeans, grey QUEEN band T-shirt, grey converse and took away the braids/golden flower crown from my head and the makeup. I felt complete.

Yet part of my heart was empty. I'm not sure what happened back there, but Percy and I almost kissed. That was so weird. I don't even like Percy. Do I? No. No, I don't. Men are gross. Love is disgusting and...whatever happened back there, doesn't matter.

Somehow, some part of me wanted to believe it was true. That Percy and I did almost kiss. I don't know why. So, just like every time I have a question that doesn't have an answer, I went to Annabeth for help.

"You like him, Y/n," she told me. "You really do."

"Ew, Annabeth, no," I said, fake puking. "Gross."

Annabeth smirked at me and continued to sharpen her knife. I huffed and sat down on the floor. Then she gasped and looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

She smiled. "He's the one!"

"What?"

"The one from your prophecy."

"Hah! Yeah, right, and Grayson's the son of Persephone."

She waved her hand around dismissively. "No, listen. The Archer's daughter; And the child of water. They will cross paths; But land has other plans. She lies with a broken heart; The other gets a fresh start."

"Yes, that's my prophecy, so?"

"Percy's the child of the Sea God!"

"You just realized?"

"Stop. Listen, The Archer's daughter; And the child of water."

I nodded at her to continue.

"Oh, my gods," she groaned. "You're so oblivious! Poseidon, sea god, sea = water. Child of water. Percy's the kid from the prophecy!"

I gasped. "Impossible. There must be another child of water. And I am not oblivious."

"When did Apollo say the prophecy would most likely start?"

"When I got my first quest."

"See! He is!"

I sat back. Percy and I? Really? 

Maybe that explains why I wanted that kiss to happen... 

SNAP OUT OF IT, HUNTER! MEN ARE IDIOTS! YOU ARE NOT CRUSHING ON THIS BOY!

I shook my thoughts away, stood up and walked to where Percy was sailing.

~

It was now midnight and Percy kept on sailing. My eyes were begging me to go to sleep, but my heart just wasn't on it. I stood up, careful not to wake up Annabeth, and walked over to Percy.  We were just passing a smoking volcano island. The sea bubbled and steamed around the shore. 

"One of the forges of Hephaestus, I said. "Where he makes his metal monsters." 

Percy turned to look at me. "Like the bronze bulls?" 

I nodded. "Go around. Far around." 

We steered clear of the island, and soon it was just a red patch of haze behind us.