unwanted guest

As the sun slowly rose so did Corona, Varian on the other hand had been up all night fixing the boilers. Sure, it took six months for the hot water to be perfect but nevertheless the young alchemist was proud of his work.
"Hah! Ruddiger, I think I finally did it!" Varian cried running to his racoon. "I've finally made Rapzeolum! It's perfect, just like in real life when Eugene was still Flynn, he needed someone to make him a better person. Rapunzel did and that like my invention!!" Varian cried raising him arms up smiling down at Ruddiger. Ruddiger looked up confused. "I wanted to do something nice for Rapunzel, and I thought that her and Eugene would like having their story as part of my inventions."
'Varian,'
Varian spun around at the sudden voice. "Um, hello?" Varian looked to his raccoon then back up to the ladder. "Come on bud, let's go check it out." Varian walked up the ladder and out of the tunnels.
"Good morning,"
"Varian, how are you?"
"The hot water is great, nice work kid,"
Varian smiled thanking a few people of Old Corona before heading off towards inland.
'Varian,'
Ruddiger looked up at his owner seeing the distress in his eyes.
"Do... do you hear it too?" Varian asked in almost a whisper, Ruddiger squeaked and shook his head. "It's coming from there," Varian pointed out past the wall and gulped.

After an hour of walking, the young boys head was clouded with fear; he shivered as the cool air ruffled up his hair. He made his way to a large lake and sat down, something calling him closer. He sighed after a while and prepeard to leave after nothing happened.
'Varian,'
"Ah! Hello?" Varian jumped looking into the water, "Ruddiger?" Varian turned to see his raccoon running back towards the walls he tried to go after him but something grabbed his arm. He turned to see a dark figure with glowing teal eyes that matched Varian's hair stripe.
"Hello, Varian," it pulled him closer with a grin on his face. "You're far from home; aren't you son," the figure showed a smiled as it turned into Quirin his grin growing wider. "I am so disappointed in you," it changed to Rapunzel, Cassandra, Eugene, Lance and finally to Varian. "Hey kid," it laughed with a wicked grin.
"You...you aren't real, you won't trick me into thinking that you are!" Varian focused back tears as he spoke.
"Hah, I was hoping you would say that," the fake Varian laughed as it reaches into the water and picked out a small grain of sand that glow the same teal as his stripe and his persona's eyes.
"What are you..." Varian began but was stopped by the fake version of himself who had grabbed a small dagger and stabbed him just below his shoulder, placing the small grain of sand in and pushing it until it was no longer visible and Varian was screaming in pain, his eyes glowing teal along with his strip.
"Varian?!" Rapunzel's voice yelled in distress.
"Rapunzel!" Varian yelled back standing up while holding his wound tight; he turned to look behind at his persona but it was no longer there, just the bloody dagger. "Ra... Rapunzel?"
"Varian!!" Rapunzel cried running up to him with a hug, "What happened? Ruddiger came to me then I heard you scream I... Varian oh my goodness your arm!"
Before Varian could reply his persona appeared behind the princess shaking its head. Rapunzel followed Varian's gaze and looked around before returning to his gaze.
"Varian?" she asked this time quieter and with more concern.
If Rapunzel couldn't see it then what was happening? He knew he wasn't going crazy; it had stabbed him. Could it be Zhan Tiri? But she was defeated. Thoughts rushed through Varian's mind.
"I...I...um...I" Varian tried to speak but he didn't know what to say, instead he just started crying and wrapped his arms around the princess.

Varian lay in Rapunzel's bed as he watched her paint, his arm had been stitched and bandaged and he was now just trying to forget about earlier that morning. Rapunzel had asked if he wanted to hang out for a bit but after Varian refused, she told him that they didn't need to talk, she just wanted to make sure he was safe. A knock came from the door and one of the guards came in after Rapunzel opened to door. "Your Majesty, the King and Queen have requested your presents in the throne room to answer requests."
"Again? Don't get me wrong I love my kingdom and helping it but this is the 4th time this week! Sorry Varian I have to go; you are welcome to stay here as long as you need! Come on Pascel," the princess grabbed her bag, waved goodbye to Varian and then skipped out to door along with the guard.
"Well if the King and Queen mysteriously die at least Rapunzel will be able to take care of the kingdom," Varian jumped to see himself at the end of the bed, "Now we never did introduced ourselves, I'm Nairav, aha it's your name backwords, so funny!" Nairav laughed turning to Varian.
"You already know who I am," Varian frowned looking away.
"Ouch, it's like your dad is trapped in amber again," Nairav began laughing hysterically before Varian spoke.
"What did you mean about the King and Queen?" Varian asked trying to ignore the last thing that had been said.
"You don't get it? Ugh, I'm obviously going to kill them," Nairav rolled its eyes as if it were obvious.
Varian's eyes widened and he stood up quickly, "No! You can't do that!"
"I mean, I'm pretty sure I can, but hey! We can bet on it?" Nairav shrugged.
"What? No...I..."
"What, no I! Finish the sentence buckteeth," Nairav growled leaving Varian to blush self-consciously. "Ugh, look, kid. I'll give you a choice here 'k? I can either leave you out of this and never bother you again but you lose the King and the Queen. Or I can spear their lives if I can use you as my host."
"What do you mean host?" Varian whispered, he knew whatever it was it couldn't be good but he couldn't let the King and Queen die, that would but way too much pressure on Rapunzel and another kingdom could see that as a weakness and attack Corona. He had faith in his friend but he wasn't sure that she could mentally hadal the loss of her parents and possibly kingdom.
"I get to go inside your mind and control it. I won't be in there all the time just sometimes," Nairav smiled.
"Why," Varian asked it as more of a comment than a question.                 
"Questions, so many questions!" The face of Varian that Nairav wore make the real Varian's spin shiver, it grew angrier by the minute.
"I'll only do it if you promise that you won't hurt anyone," Varian said tears forming in his eyes.
"No one?"
"No one."
"Hm, what about you?" Nairav grinned.
Varian felt his heart fall small tears began falling down his cheek. "Does the host thing hurt?" Nairav gave a 'meh' reply, "Ok...um...you can hurt me then, but if you hurt anyone else, I promise you that you will regret it." Nairav put out its hand and Varian took it with a stern look, both of their hands and eyes began to glow; again teal.
"I have one last condition, you need to tell me about the glowing teal stuff, my hair, my eyes, sand," Varian frowned.
Nairav sighed, "Ok, so there is now a thing  that's called a seastone, the sea is like a teal-y colour so that's that I guess. Um and it was prob made from the wired waves of magic at the end of the battle of Zhan Tiri. So, yeah, it made like this tiny thing of a teal stone the size of a grain of sand. And it's connected to you for some reason, I guess you got unlucky by dying your hair teal..."
"I didn't die it, I was born with it," Varian commented.
"Um...what. Teal isn't a natural hair colour, aren't you like some genius? You should know that; do you see how that's kinda suspicions? You probably had some connection to the moon or sun stone...now with its new form its power belongs to you... Anyway! Back to my brilliant explanation; I cut you to put the sand in 'cause I didn't think I could get you to swallow it...oh wait yeah so it needs to be inside you for it to work,"
"Three replies to that, first my dad was in a group that protected the moonstone so maybe someone did something there? Second, what do you mean work? And third, if this just happened, how do you know so much about it?"
"Well to the dad thing, he or someone did something. You have the power of possession; well, I have the power of possession, you're kinda weak to be honest...For it to work I need a host and it needs to be the person with the seastone. And I mean, it's been written in the stars since the start of time. The fate of the universe it wasn't decided six months ago...no, it starts today."