Under The First Snow

I felt my body shiver in the cold, pulling my puffer jacket tightly, I kept the Ipad on the bench beside me. Blowing out hot air on my hands, I rubbed them together to gain some warmth. The last rays of sun slowing getting covered by the dark sky of night. 

No one was here in this park, why would anyone be here on the evening of Christmas, People are in the confines of their warm houses, along with the warmth of there families surrounding them. I've never imagined, that on the day of the Christmas, I'll be sitting on a cold bench, making new notebook designs for my E-shop. Maybe I would have been with my family, had it not been of what had happened last year. 

The wind blew, making me cough slightly, I guess it's time to go home. But the thought of the empty two roomed apartment, didn't let me move from there. Humans are weird, we don't appreciate the people in our lives but the moment they leave, we seem not to know how to function properly. "Achoo!" I flinched, as i heard a sneeze from near me. I looked here and there but couldn't find the source of the noise. 

"Achoo!..Fu*k" This time I located the source of the noise. Beneath me, under the bench, laid someone, curled up in a thin blanket, on the cold ground. I stood up from the bench. "What are you doing on the ground?"

The person uncovered himself till his chin, but still I wasn't able to see his face due to the dim light. "None of your business." Was all I got in return. Bitch what? "You can't sleep there. You will get a cold." In a swift moment he had thrown the blanket on the ground and came up, standing in front of me, towering upon me with a height of 6'2 making me take few steps back. The light from the lamp post fell upon his face. Making my breath hitch. 

I felt a cold sensation on the tip of my nose and saw a single flake resting on the tip of my nose, and I saw it melting from my body heat in a matter of seconds. Looking up at the sky, I saw more flakes of snow falling down. "Do you own this park?" he spoke in his deep voice, making my stomach to clench in a weird way. Upon looking at him, I saw his eyes already fixed on mine. "No. But you-" 

"Good, then you can't tell me what I can and can't do." i furrowed my eyebrows at his rudeness. "You will get sick.." 

"Oh my god! Fine i'll leave!" He threw his hands in the air, showing he was irritated with me. Picking up the blanket from the along with a backpack, which I failed to take a notice of before, he threw it on his shoulder. And started walking. And I stood there looking at his back. He wore a thin red coat, with a white shirt underneath and red pants. A school uniform? He is a Highschool student? 

I decided to go home as the cold wind made me tighten my coat. Picking up my things, I started to take a couple steps, but in a second I started running in that stranger direction. I saw him casually walking  in front of me. And I shouted. "Hey! Wait." I saw his shoulders drop, as if he took a deep breath.

"What the fu*k do you want-" Before he could say anything more, I interrupted him. "Come home with me?" He looked a bit taken aback with my statement. And I soon realized. "OH MY GOD! NOO! I didn't, No didn't meant that, I just meant come to my house. As in-" I stopped my useless rent when I saw him shaking his head. Taking a deep breath I stated. "You can stay with me. It cold out here." 

"And why would I go somewhere with a stranger, let alone your house?" Tilting his head, he stared at me. "Are you scared?" My lips lifted up into a smile as I thought of this giant being scared of me. But when his eye brow raised I stopped smiling. "There's no reason for you to be scared of me. Hell It's me who should be scared of inviting a complete stranger-" 

He took small steps towards me, making me step back from the closeness and my back hit the trunk of the tress. "Than why aren't you?" He whispered and I saw the white clouds  escaping from his mouth. When I couldn't say anything, he backed away. "Go back home stupid girl. It's cold." And started walking. My throat hurt like sandpaper as I found it hard to swallow. 

But thinking about going back to my home, made me think about the darkness and silence that would once again haunt me tonight. "I can make a hot chocolate, with fireplace turned on. It will be warm there." When I saw him stopping I added. "And I can order a large pizza, or maybe two?" 

When I walked towards him and stood in front of him. He shook his head. "You really are a Stupid Girl." 

                                                                        ----------------------