Chapter: 3

I stare blankly as i shower, thinking of the day i had, still trying to come to terms with all that has happened in a single day.

"Is she really back?" i ask myself leaning my head again the shower wall.

Why now ? Is it permanent ?
Hundreds of thoughts go through my head.

As i get out the shower i debate on whether or not i should just call her and ask all of my questions, but then i remember how i snapped at her earlier today.

"i should just sleep it off, leave it all till the morning" i tell myself as i get into bed and turn my lights off.

The next morning

beep beep beep beep

7:00 A.M

beep beep beep beep

7:15 A.M

beep beep beep beep

7:30 A.M

"oh f*ck me"

I wake up to my alarm going off, already feeling the headache coming. I wash up and quickly get dressed, i check the time...7:55 A.M....I sigh in relief, i won't be late as long as i skip breakfast.

"Good morning Dr. Knowles" a nurse greets me with as i walk in "Not a doctor yet Kailey!! " i say jokingly walking to the elevator.

As i get out the elevator i see Tara?

So much for a good morning.

I immediately turn around making my way to the lounge to chug a cup of coffee.

"Hey Talia" Elena says to me while i grab a cup.

"Hi" I say whilst chugging down my coffee.

"You're drinking that as if it's spiked coffee" Elena says with a laugh.

"Oh, if only it was" I say turning to face her, "i got rounds in 20 so see you around" i say to her.

"Bye Talia ! See you at lunch" she says back as i walk out the room.

A few hours later

"Baby Teller just got out of surgery if you want to check on him" A nurse tells me.

"I'm actually on my way there, thank you" i say walking to the elevator.

"Hi do you have the chart for Abel Teller? He just got out of surgery" I ask the nurse.

"His surgeon is actually in with him, but you can still go in Talia" The nurse tells me with a smile.

"Thanks Angie!"

As i walk in the nicu i see my sister holding Abel.

"I should've known you couldn't stay away from a Teller" I tell her.

"So you're his surgeon huh? I ask her.

"Yeah, he's a tough little guy, he was born premature" She tells me.

"Why are you here?" she asks me with an eyebrow raised.

"I would do checkups on his mom so when the nurses found out he came in they told me" i explain.

"How'd you get this case anyways? didn't you just get back a day ago?" i ask curiously.

"I been here for a few weeks, they gave me the job on the spot since i'm overqualified" She says to me looking at Abel.

"A few weeks and you barely went to see me" I say rolling my eyes "I should've known"

"I had to work up the courage, what do you even say to someone you haven't had contact with in years? let alone your own sister" She tells me.

I take a second to think, what do you even say? is there anything to even say? I think to myself.

"I guess you have a point" I agree with her.

"Does Jax know?" I ask her without thinking.

"Does Jax know what?" She asks back.

"That you're here, that you're his son's doctor" I reply.

"I don't know" She says.

"I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing" I tell her.

"Me neither Tal' " She says

Just then Jax runs to the window with a look of desperation.

"Well cats out the bag now" I say as we both stare at him  through the nicu window.

Hi guys ! It's been months since i uploaded anything but i graduated (yay me!) so i'll be able to post more now !! Hope u like the new chapter, how do you think it'll go with Jax? Leave a answer and don't forget to vote !!!