Chapter 17

SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING

It felt like the days didn't move. It had been a month since Lauren’s assassination attempt and Camila had been missing for 4 months. With everyday that went by Lauren lost hope and the pain was becoming unbearable. She missed Camila with every fiber of her being. Lauren had given a speech about finding Camila’s whereabouts; she had made a hot line in case anyone had any information, but it didn’t helped.

While Lauren’s gun wound healed, Casey was doing all the physical work for Lauren. Picking up paperwork, attending meetings and even attending press conferences for Lauren. You could also spot her talking to Tyrese on a daily basis. Lauren was happy that Casey liked him and that she had found a friend, at least for now because Lauren was pretty sure that they would be more than friends soon.

Camila's family was still at the White House. Lauren and the Cabellos had found comfort in each other, especially Lauren and Sofia because they were inseparable. Sofia had found a friend in Lauren and Lauren in Sofia. As Sofia and Lauren prepared for their daily movie, Casey walked in.

“You ladies getting ready for your movie?”

“Yes and you are interrupting,” Sofi joked.

“You know what buttercup, you need to stop hanging around with Lauren so much. You are starting to sound like her.” Casey sat by Sofi giving her a tight hug. “Oh before I forget, this came in for you Laur.” Casey handed Lauren a package.

Lauren took the package and opened it. “Madam President,” Lauren read out loud.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get this to you sooner, I just discovered this while looking through my pictures. The three pictures I sent are from the day Camila disappeared. I went to the dance studio to meet the girls and while I was there I took these pictures with a few Harmonizers I met. If you look closely, on the right hand corner you can see a strange man standing by his van. At first I paid no mind to him but then it hit me. This man looks a lot like the man Camila got a restraining order against three years ago. I didn’t even recognize him with his hair dyed blonde. But I’m pretty sure it’s him. I really hope this helps. Sincerely, Kristen, a worried Harmonizer.”

When Lauren finished reading the letter, she then looked at the pictures. It was a few fans taking a selfie but you can clearly see the man in the corner.

“Casey get these to Tyrese, by no means let this get out to the media. Call Kristen and make sure she tells no one.” She then looked at Sofi who was looking at her with hope in her eyes. “Lets find your sister.”

_____

Lauren had hired a special team. She needed people she could trust that wouldn’t talk to the media. They were the best at what they did. After Casey gave Tyrese the letter and pictures Lauren and Casey let them do their job. Even though they were both constantly pacing back and forth. Lauren started to panic because they were taking long and she thought that was a bad sign but about two hours later they were called into the conference room.

“What do we know?” Lauren questioned.