Oreos? (KuraHi)

Fluff Piece

---

Context: The underworld (spirit world in the anime) has sent Hiei to live with Kurama, known as Shuichi Minamino in his non-demon form, in the human world primarily for Kurama to keep him in check, and for Hiei to have at least some form of supervision seeing as he still hasn't done quite enough to make up for his villainous days.

---

"Kur-.. Er- Shuichi.. It is tremendously impolite to leave a guest lost in your house." Hiei appeared in the doorway, looking a few notches up from uncomfortable. After all, he was out of his usual attire. He couldn't say he'd ever worn casual human clothes before, but he much preferred what he wore formerly. Though, Kurama had decided his usual was far too bizarre for a 'high school student' to be wearing, so now he found himself in a rather stifling black button-up t-shirt and some black trousers. Hiei would rather die than wear trousers.

Kurama just chuckled to himself and glanced at the shorter of the two, amusement shimmering in his eyes. "Well you look rather dashing, little demon."

"Oh hush, you insufferable fox!" The other fumed, taking a seat next to him at the table. He glanced down at what Kurama was eating, looking rather perplexed. What did the box say? Oreos? "What are those.. things.. you're eating?"

The pinkette raised an eyebrow. "..You've never had Oreos? I figured, since you've been in the human world so long, you would've at least tried them. -Or something like them."

"You think I'd try that rat poison of my own accord? The obesity levels in this world are remarkable." He scoffed as if his reasoning was obvious, but now he was slightly embarrassed. Was he supposed to have tried them? Why did Kurama like them so much?

"That's.. Valid reasoning." Shuichi laughed. "But I promise you, some human food is quite good."

The red-eyed demon glared up at his boyfriend. "Hmph. I should decide that for myself, don't you think?"

"Please, be my guest."

And so Hiei grabbed an Oreo out of the box and took a bite.

That moment was revolutionary. His eyes sort of looked like they were sparkling, and the corners of his mouth turned up slightly, smiling just a bit.

"Oh. Oh my.. This- This is quite good.. I've never tasted anything like it."

"You mean to tell me you've never had sweets? Chocolate?" Kurama looked shocked, offended even.

"I don't believe I have.." He replied, eyeing the box of Oreos not-so-subtly.

"Well would you say you enjoy the taste of chocolate?"

Hiei raised an eyebrow. What an odd thing to ask. "Why of course, I do now. Who doesn't?"

"Ah, well, in that case-" Kurama gently grasped Hiei's chin with his dominant hand, bringing him close and capturing his lips in a sweet kiss.

Kurama tasted like chocolate, he observed. No, he tasted like Oreos, to be more specific.

God, Hiei really really loved Oreos.