Part 3

School finally let out. Alisha walked to the front of the school and waited for Kevin as he requested. 5 minutes went by, 10, then 20 and still no Kevin. Alisha was starting to get aggravated from waiting in the hot sun.

She looked up and saw his red Camaro pull up. "Bunk!", he blew the horn telling her to get in.

"Damn what took you so long, I waited 20 minutes for you. I started to think you stood me up" she said with an attitude.

"Chill I'm sorry, I got hooked up a little bit baby. I'm glad I did because you look good when you mad" he said.

She blushed, "Shut up boy, let's go". "where you taking me anyway" she added.

"I just wanna take you to the spot and talk to you." he told her.

The two pulled up to his house. It was a 2 story house with a huge yard, a double door entrance and a 2 car garage with nice landscaping. It was his parents house but it still was nothing Alisha was used to seeing.

"Damn this your house?" She asked him.

"Yeah it is, you like it?" He said.

"It's far from anything I've been to or lived in if that answers your question." she said.

"I'll take it as a yes, come on let's go" he said while exiting the car.

He opened the front door and it looked like a house that only young rich white folks could afford. Alisha was very pleased with what she saw but at the same time it made her reflect on where she came from, the projects.

Kevin walked over to the couch, "come sit down with me" he told her. Alisha walked over and sat next to him.

He turned on the tv and put his arm around her. "Now tell me why I had to wait so long for this moment?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked with a confused look.

"This one right here...sittin' next to you. Lets be honest, It's a lot of girls that want me but it's nothin' like bein' around that one girl who you truly want." He said.

"So that's how you feel?" she asked him.

"It's how I've always felt but you never wanted to give a nigga a chance". He said.

"It's not that, it's just that after my dad left it's been hard for me to trust boys so don't take it personally". She assured him.

"I could and would never hurt you, you should know that." he said. "Come on.", he added. He stood up and held his hand out to her. She reached for it and began to follow him upstairs.

He opened up his room door and led her to the bed. He sat down, grabbed her and sat her on his lap. He began kissing her and started sucking on her neck. He leaned back and the two continued to kiss and caress each other.

...

Alisha jumped up out of her sleep. She didn't realize the two ended up falling alseep.

"Kevin, get up! What time is it?" She asked him frantically.

Kevin slowly rose up checking his phone, "6:53, why what's wrong?" He didn't understand why she was panicking.

"I was supposed to be home a long time ago, hurry up we gotta go." She said while fixing her hair and adjusting her clothes.

The two hopped in the car.

"So you gonna tell me what the big emergency is?". He looked over from the drivers seat and asked her.

"Nothin, just somewhere I need to be. Take me to Clifton and 22nd". Alisha was supposed to have picked her brother and sister up before the daycare closed at 6:30.