23 | a glimpse of her future

THE YOUNG GENIUS STOOD beside Nighteye and faced them with a stern expression. Although, she kept her gaze away from the faces that looked at her with an expression mixed with confusion, surprise, and relief.

Y/n placed a device on the desk and there a hologram appeared that formed the outside of the Shie Hassaikai hideout. "To begin, this is where their hideout is located." Y/n began, "From the outside and inside the establishment, it may seem like a normal Japanese residence. But there is actually a secret labyrinth hidden beneath it where numerous passageways exist which allows them to travel places without being seen."

"Then that makes our infiltration easier, no?" asked Ryuko Tatsuma, Dragoon Hero, a pro hero with a quirk that gives her the ability to transform into a large western dragon.

"Well, each of passageway is guarded but if we distribute each heroes properly, I think we'll be able to save Eri without a problem."

"Speaking of Eri, what do you know about her?" asked Gran Torino.

"I think you guys already know how she's involve in this." she replied, pursing her lips.

"L/n please elaborate." said Nighteye, "It'll put us to assurance that our theory is correct - that Overhaul is using Eri's DNA to make these quirk destroying bullets."

Y/n felt an unpleasant churning inside of her chest. It was painful to admit but she knew it was for the best. "Yes." she said in a tight voice, "That is correct."

"Hold on!" a pro hero named Takagi Ken, also known as Rock Lock, exclaimed.

"Do you have any concerns, Rock Lock?" asked Nighteye, pushing his glasses from the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, I do." said Rock Lock, "How are we so sure that this kid is giving us the right information? And why is nobody questioning the fact that the Hero Public Safety commission sent a kid to infiltrate a dangerous criminal organization?"

Dragoon nodded her head in agreement. "I have to agree with him but I am only concerned on the part that they assigned such dangerous mission on this young kid." she expressed, having great empathy towards younger people.

"Why they sent me isn't important." Y/n said, her tone had a blatant hint of annoyance. "To give you an insight of how I joined, it was actually Overhaul himself who approached me and offered me to join their organization."

All eyes widened at this with there heads snapping at her. "Obviously, I grabbed this opportunity. The reason why he came to me because he believe that we share the same perspective on society and more. Overhaul detest quirks, believing them as a plague on humanity, having syndromes of heroism and villainy. Me being quirkless and smart, he saw me as a perfect tool for his plans."

"What are his motives exactly?"

"I am still skeptical regarding about his motives." Y/n replied, "He told me he wished to eradicate quirks from this world. However, I have noticed some contradictions to his claim."

"For instance, one of his members told me and I quote 'We are going to rise up and control society from the shadows.'." she continued, "Additionally, he made me create a serum for this quirk destroying drug."

The pro heroes perked up. "Did you make it?" asked Rock Lock.

"Not like I have any choice." Y/n answered, biting her lower lip. "But if you're asking if I succeeded: of course I did."

"This could only mean that his claim to erase quirk is false." pondered Gran Torino, "It sounds impossible anyway."

"My theory is that he wishes to sell the quirk destroying drug to the black market and then sell the serum afterwards." the young genius theorized, "Hypothetically, if this happens, he will be able to monopolize society and with the decrease of quirks - pro heroes being main targets - his organization will be able to rise once more."