Chapter 3: Building A Nation

A/N: World Map will be released soon, however only a partial part of it since the United Pacific does not have any satellites yet.

March 25, 2030, New Arc.

A couple of weeks after the arrival of the colony, Governor Edward and the rest of the Pacific Colony's officials have suggested establishing an official government, a nation.

However there were mixed feelings and opinions amongst the officials, first, they lack information regarding this place, they don't even know if a country already owned New Arc.

The colony parliament held a meeting, it was to vote whether they will establish a formal nation or remain as people who banded together and formed a colony, military officials, department heads, civilian representatives, and the rest of government officials voted, in the end, almost everyone was in favor of building a new nation, the majority of those who voted no were old politicians who are afraid of getting kicked out of their positions, corrupt and abusive ones since new laws will be made and the once rules that implemented in the colony will be revised and remove if necessary.

After the vote session, another meeting was held, this time it was to create the new country's official name, head of government, and military officials, only small changes were conducted for the military, by removing abusive and corrupt ones, however in the government, many were accused and guilty of corruption, almost everyone was removed from their positions and got imprisoned, with the department head, military, navy, air force, and almost everyone's support, Edward remained in his position, this time not as the governor but as the President.

Many names were suggested for the country's name, some want it to be named as United Earthlings, or simply Earth, some suggested The New United States of America which many opposed since the colony consists of different nationalities such as Canadians, Mexicans, Australians, Japanese, Europeans, and Southeast Asians like Filipinos and Indonesians.

In the end, one name was chosen, The United Republic of Pacific or simply the United Pacific.

===

Dante Huntsman was busy cleaning the deck of UPS Washington, a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier that once serve the United States Navy and is now newly commissioned as one of the assets of the United Pacific Navy.

"Hey! Are you done yet there, Dante!?" One of his shipmates asked.

"Not yet! The soil already hardened so I need to use a lot of water first!", Yes, you heard that right, a Nimitz-class, one of the most powerful carriers out there was used during the crisis, not for naval uses, but a fucking farm.

Since the water level increased and there was no more land except for some icebergs and floating cities, farmlands were no more, therefore the colony has an idea, there will turn aircraft carriers into farms since it has no use yet, only burns their already dwindling oil, many navies officials and personal was frustrated, however, a crumbling stomach of theirs forced them to give it up since it will feed everyone, every morning they wake, and their beloved aircraft carriers as farms were daily torture to them when they finally found a land where there are two moons and unknown constellation, an order from the new government for the navy to clean aircraft carriers and commission them, the navy hastily obeyed the order, finally, their torture ended.