ten

Minjung bolted up from her bed in the middle of the night, breathing heavily as the same nightmare she's been having haunted her. She broke out in cold sweat and took couple of breathes to calm her down.

She then decided to go downstairs, leaving her room to clear her mind. She grabbed a glass cup, filling it with water while she decided to lean against the island table and wander in her thoughts.

Just then, a figure came closer to her, making her scared, placing her hand over her chest. Minjung eventually got a clear view of the person, despite being in the dark.

"What are you doing up in the middle of the night?" Minjung took a gulp of her water.

"Couldn't sleep." Doyoung scratched his head, eyes still half-open. "You?"

"Same." Minjung responded, turning away from him.

"Minjung." Doyoung stepped closer to her.

"Hmm?" Minjung responded, feeling the heat of his body insanely close to her's but not touching.

"Did anything happen between you and Suji earlier today in the kitchen?" Doyoung placed his fingers on Minjung's chin, to turn her face towards him as he tried to read her expression.

Minjung didn't know how to respond. She wanted to be a good friend to Doyoung about getting to know Suji more debating if she was a great person or not. At the same time, she felt that Suji's personality was extremely fishy and possessive.

"We just had a talk, that's all." Minjung leaned into his touches.

"What about?" Doyoung asked again in concern.

"Just the usual greeting until my hot chocolate was spill." Minjung half-lied, half-told-the-truth, not wanting to anger Doyoung at any moment.

"Is your hand okay?" Doyoung grabbed Minjung's hand, as he saw some reddening on it. "You burned yourself, didn't you?"

"Yeah... It was just me being clumsy and foolish." Minjung chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood. "Winwin offered to help ice my hand to reduce the burn. I should be alright by tomorrow. You don't need to worry about me, Doyoung."

"That's good." Doyoung released Minjung's hand as she finished her cup of water. "You should get some sleep."

"You too. Good night." Minjung and Doyoung walked back upstairs together, separating into their different bedrooms.

-

The Stray Kids visitors had came again, meaning Doyoung was going to be with Suji. He didn't mind her honestly, but he knew for the fact that his friendship with Minjung was not the same with Suji.

Doyoung felt something with Minjung that he didn't feel with Suji. At the same time, they were both his friends so he couldn't overthink and misjudge the situation.

"What did you do today Suji?" Doyoung asked the girl while she was playing the guitar, using the lessons from Jaehyun.

"Woke up, fought with Hyunjin because he broke my curling iron, had breakfast and I'm here." Suji flashed a smile. "Just to see you."

Doyoung nodded, appreciating her efforts to talk to him. "How did you fight with him in the first place?"

"Boys being boys." Suji responded back.

Doyoung then switched up the subject, remembering his conversation with Minjung, late in the middle of last night.

"Hey Suji. Did anything happen between you and Minjung?" Doyoung asked with Suji perking up from looking down at the guitar.