Chapter 2: A Whole New World.

[A/N: Aladdin reference? YES!]

The unholy sound of the alarm starts ringing as the sunlight of the morning kicks in through the window pane like it’s saying, 'WHAT’S UP, B*TCHES!?'

[Y/N] shuffled around under the covers, groaning and trying to find the source of the wretched noise that had woken her up from her slumber.

“There you are, you piece of sh*t.” she mumbled in her raspy voice as her hand finally grabbed the slender rectangular object, she turned off the alarm, eyes still shut.

Running fingers through her unkempt hair she took a deep breath, ‘Another day is here and I hate it already.’

She opened her eyes which seemed to be almost impossible for her because last night, she had tried to binge the whole manga once again from the very beginning. But neither could she read all of it nor did she get sufficient sleep.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, slowly but surely she could squint them open now. Stepping out of the covers and setting her feet onto the cold floor, she finally left the warmth of her bed. Absentmindedly just waking to the bathroom to go through her routine.

Brushing her teeth she looked into the mirror only to back away from it, a squeak leaving her lips.

What she witnessed was that her face looked like it was painted in the artstyle of the manga she was reading until an hour or two ago. Her figure and hands resembled that of the characters in the japanese comic book. Even her surroundings had a very similar taste to the art style.

‘Author, Are you the one who did this?’ she asked the voice inside her head.

Yes. Didn’t you say you’d love to take up my offer?

‘I never knew you could actually make that happen!’ [Y/N] shrieked inside her head once again,

You don’t want to be a character in my story? Is it making you uncomfortable?

‘Are you kidding me?!’ The girl scoffed, ‘THIS IS AMAZING!!!!’

Glad you like it!

‘I can’t wait for what’ll happen next!’ She jumped around, ‘Wait- I’m in Kamome, right?’

Yup. Same class as Yashiro Nene. Oh and you’re friends with her and Aoi.

[Y/N] gasped in awe before getting straight to bombarding me with questions, ‘So what’s my backstory? Who did I kill in the past?’

Um-

‘Something tragic? Did someone close to die? Am I from a lost clan?’

Wait-

‘Can I see ghosts?’

Yeah-

‘AWESOME!’ She did a little dance, ‘By the way, do I have a love interest?’

Your choice and the character’s too, I guess.

‘What do you mean by that?’

I know you’d like it to be Hanako but it still depends on the guy after all it takes two to tango.

‘But isn’t this a book you’re writing, you should have control over it.’

This is only a character insert and I’m only following the manga with a few additions here and there just so that I can fit you in.