Winters Coming

In this oneshot Margeurite never married Jack it was the reader. Also the event of Evaline never happened. Sorry guys this story is kinda meh to me. Sorry about that.

   "Jack if we want the old house to survive this winter we need to start getting it set up. Also we might need a new roof on this house too, because it's gonna be a hell of a winter this year." You spoke to your husband as the two of you walked down the hallway towards the kitchen.

   "I understand (Y/n). I just need help with all that and I have no way of controlling Lucas. I need his help if I'm gonna get this done in time." You stopped Jack before he could reach the dining room. He looked down at you as you cupped his cheeks.

   "Jack you forget who you are talkin' to." You took this moment to absorb his features in depth. His hair which had once been brown and full, was now gray and he was balding. His glasses were now bifocals, and his skin was wrinkled. Some areas worse than others. "We aren't as young as we once were Jack. We either need to start getting these kids to learn some responsibility or we need to hire some help." Jack didn't reply he just kept staring at you.

   "You coulda fooled me, (Y/n)." You cocked your head to the side in confusion. "You haven't changed a bit since we met. When I look at you I still see that crazy beautiful 20 year old woman. To me you don't look a day over 30." He brought his hand up to stroke your cheek gently, as he brushed away a stray tear from your cheek.

   "Oh Jack..." You said trying to look away from him as you blushed crimson red. "Flaterer, but we both know that's not true. Besides the real head turner out of the two of us is you." You reached up on your tip-toes and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Now about getting Lucas to help you." You looked in the kitchen and livingroom to make sure he wasn't nearby. "Lucas hun can you come down here real quick?!" You shouted up the stairs to the second floor. You heard a distant 'I'm comin'!' followed by footsteps.

   "Yes Momma?" Lucas asked as soon as he got downstairs to where you stood in the kitchen. You had pushed Jack into the pantry so that his presence wouldn't change the reaction you got from Lucas.

   "Can you do a huge favor for me honey?" You asked him real sweet.

   "Yeah what is it Momma?" He sat down on one of your bar stools.

   "I know your Daddy won't say anything to you about this, but I need you to help him with the winterproofin'. I know you hate doing that kind of stuff, but you gotta know by now that Daddy and I are getting old. Can you please do this for me sweetie?" You looked to Lucas as you finished speaking, and he smiled at you.

   "Yeah. I don't mind helping Dad out with winterproofing Momma. No problem. I'll wake up early tomorrow mornin' so I can help out." You smiled at his response and patted his cheek.

   "I love you Lucas and thank you." He smiled as he waved you off.

   "It's no problem Momma, and I love you too." He went to walk away, but you stopped him.

   "Supper will be ready in about an hour and a half please tell Zoe." Lucas nodded and ran off upstairs, and Jack finally got to leave the pantry.

   "So the way you convince our son to do stuff is you point out that we're gettin old?" He asked you then smiled. "You're a genius as well as gorgeous. Do you want any help with making supper?" Jack asked you as he started looking around the kitchen.

   "No, but some company as I cook would be a welcome change." You said as he sat down. "Now that we've got that figured out what will we do with all that extra time that you now have on your hands?"

   "I can think of a couple things." You looked over your shoulder to see him looking at you suggestively.

   "I think I can fit that in my schedule." You smirked at him as you turned back to the stuff you needed to make gumbo.

   "Did you know that Lucas got a girlfriend?" Jack asked you out of nowhere.

   "Yes I did. Apparently they went to school together and he's had his eye on her for a while." Jack looked at you questioningly. "Lucas went with me into town a couple weeks ago. We happened to run into her at the supermarket and he asked her out on a date then. I was waiting to tell you when they finally made it official. It's not my business to be tellin' everyone." You started putting everything in the pot to cook.

   "You're the best mother for our children. Respectin Lucas' boundaries like that. Do you know anything about her?" He asked you.

   "Only that she's got two older sisters, and she was the town wild child until an accident about a year ago. Had to get her left leg amputated so she's got a fake one now. Lucas reckons he can make her a better one within the next year. Though she told him not to worry about it that the one she has now is just fine, but you know Lucas." Jack smiled and shook his head at your words.

   "Of course I know my own boy. Once he puts his mind to something he doesn't stop until it's done." He finished and looked to you again.

   "He's alot like you in that aspect Jack. Complete focus on the things you consider the most important. Especially when it involves the ones you love. As much as he is a Momma's boy he is very much your son." You cupped Jack's cheek as you finished your sentence. "I love you. Every little thing about you is perfect to me."

   "I love you too, (Y/n). Now how is this gumbo comin along?" He asked as he took a small bite from the pot. "Perfect as always, and made by the perfect woman too." You blushed as Jack pulled you into a kiss. Life was good to you and you loved every bit of your life.