• eight

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ 🥀 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ 🥀 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A/N: OMG GUYS! We reached over 1k reads on red roses! I'm so incredibly thankful for that! THNAK YOU SO MUCH ❤️
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ 🥀 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

As Selene came home that night, there was a fresh bouquet of red roses placed at her porch, waiting for her. As she picked up the carefully selected flowers, she found another note clinging onto them.

"For Selene, the smartest woman I know"

And again, no name. No clue who could've sent them. She would've doubted they're actually for her, but her name was written on the note, so she couldn't deny they were sent to her on purpose.

Her eyes roamed around the building, searching for any sings the person who left them might still be there. It was midnight by now, who on earth could even manage to organize a bouquet of flowers at this time of the night? Not to mention a bouquet of flowers of such high quality.

Selene now entered the apartment, placing the flowers into a vase as she put it onto the dining table. Hanging her coat onto its rightful place, Wanda crept up to her and as did Pietro, who was leaving for work right now.

"Who got you those beautiful flowers?" Wanda asked her, scaring the shit out of Selene who has just been lost in thought, making her jump.

"Wanda, you scared me"  Selene explained, hand placed on her heart, trying to calm herself, making Wanda laugh out. Selene continued "Actually, I don't know who sent these. There's no name on the note".

Pietro chuckled at Selenes reaction, slipping into his jacket "Always so jumpy" he mocked her, placing a kiss onto Wanda's head and one on Selenes temple. "I have to go now, but I want to know who sent those flowers once I get back home, understood?" He raised an eyebrow at her, Father-Syndrom on full display as his hand rested on her shoulder.

"Yes. You'll be the first to know once I find out" Selene reassured him, waving at him as he left for his Night-Shift.

Wanda walked over to the beautiful red flowers, reading the little note attached to the bouquet.

„Easy. They're from your boss" Wanda stated matter-of-factly.

Selene turned to face the redhead that's currently examining the little note, laughing lightly at her best friends suggestion „And why do you think that?" she mockingly asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Wanda laughed at her friend, rolling her eyes „You're such an idiot sometimes, do you know that?" she spat jokingly.

Selene chuckled „Yes, I know" she answered, still not getting why the flowers should be from James. Deciding to drop the issue, Selene wished Wanda a good night before retrieving to her room, finally getting some rest.