Chapter Two:

Chapter Two:

Rhoswen could only imagine Terrian's horror when he burst through the door. There she was on the floor, in her underwear, and the naked half-breed practically on top of her, holding her wrists back. But she was quite certain his horror paled in comparison to hers.

Terrian took hardly more than a second to process the scene before he grabbed the nearest supply table and hoisted it into the air, rushing toward the half-breed. The young man instantly let go of Rhoswen and grabbed the table before Terrian could swing it down. Jerking it free of the doctor's hands, he slung it across the room and stood up.

Terrian paused momentarily in shock, then threw a punch. The half-breed caught his fist and shoved him back. "What are you doing?" he asked Terrian calmly.

"You're asking me?! You're the one attacking my nurse!"

The half-breed looked at Terrian, puzzled. "Attacking? I was trying to help her up. She bumped into a cot."

Rhoswen looked up then. "But, you were coming toward me and..."

"I suddenly felt weak. I was heading for the cot behind you," the half-breed said. His voice monotone, mechanical.

Rhoswen felt stupid. She stood up slowly, pulling the jeans still clutched in her right hand up in front of her again. "I-I'm sorry. I misunderstood."

Terrian looked between them, then suddenly bowed his head. "Please forgive us! I misunderstood as well. I was only trying to protect my nurse. If you must punish us, please allow me to accept hers as well!"

"Doctor, you can't-"

"Be quiet, Rhoswen!" Terrian yelled, his head still bowed.

The half-breed looked at both of them curiously. "Punish? I only intend to thank you for taking care of my wound."

Terrian glanced up. "Oh, I see," he said nervously, pushing the glasses back up the bridge of his nose. "Well then, you're very welcome."

Rhoswen bowed her head slightly. "You're welcome," she repeated.

The half-breed glanced down and then, as if just realizing he was nude, looked at Terrian and said, "Where are my clothes?"

Terrian laughed uneasily. "I had to tear them off. I was in a hurry to stop the bleeding. I'm sorry."

"No matter. May I have something to wear?"

Terrian ran over to a nearby cabinet and pulled out a pair of white and blue polka-dot pajamas. "This is all I have here at the clinic. They're a little embarrassing, but they're clothes nonetheless."

The half-breed pulled them on wordlessly, seemingly giving no thought to how ridiculous he looked. He again looked to the two of them. "Thank you again."

"Wait! Before you go, could you please fill out this form?" Terrian asked, holding out a sheet of paper.

Rhoswen blanched. She couldn't believe Terrian had the guts to ask something of a half-breed. No one asked them for anything, unless it was to spare their lives. Even that was generally refused.

The half-breed took the paper, looked it over, then his eyes fell upon Terrian again. "Why?"

Terrian was looking nervous again. "Of course it's not required. It's just that we like to keep up with our patients, so we can be sure to check on them and keep them healthy. Speaking of which... I recommend you come back to the clinic in three days so I can check the wound, to be sure there is no infection."

Rhoswen was standing behind the half-breed and immediately began motioning for Terrian to stop right there, to just shut up and let the guy leave. She silently mouthed the words, "No! No way! Stop!" but Terrian either could not read her lips or was purposely ignoring her.