A Special Surprise

Today was Valentine's day - the beloved day of love - and like he does every year, Moon wanted to do something special for him and Sundrop. Unlike the years prior though, Moon planned to do something new. While Sun was busy throughout the day tending to the children in the daycare, Moon started fixing up their room and got to work on making it look nice for what he had planned later that night.

He made sure it was all cleaned and tidy, and snuck off to go find some candles, decorative confetti, and some chocolates, one of Sun's favorite but rare treats. Thankfully, around this time of year there are plenty of boxed chocolates being sold. Once he finally obtained what he was looking for, he hurried back to the daycare hoping he hadn't been noticed. He got to work setting up the candles and sprinkled around the golden star shaped confetti he found. It was unfortunate that the plex didn't sell flowers anywhere, so Moon settled for the next best choice and decided to make them instead. He wasn't the best at doing anything artsy, that was more of Sun's strong suit as he was the most creative out of the two of them. Despite this, he tried his best anyway and made a few flowers out of oragami, with the help of a random oragami book that he found laying around. Once he was finally done with making the flowers, he set them across their bed for a finishing touch. Stepping back, he admired his work.

Sun was definitely going love this.

When it came around to closing time, everyone left the daycare leaving just sun and Moon alone together. Moon quickly went to go light up the candles in their bedroom and grab the box of chocolates, and after he completed that task he came back out and went looking for Sun. Sundrop was sat at a table working on a craft, coloring on the last finishing touches with a red crayon. Moondrop came up behind Sundrop and placed a hand on Sun's shoulder, then leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek while hiding the chocolates behind his back.

"Hello my sunshine~ Happy Valentine's Day" He smiled as he noticed Sundrop starting to blush. Sundrop was a little bit surprised by the action, mainly because he didn't expect it and he was pretty focused on what he was doing. "O-Oh, Moon! Hehe, thank you~" He quickly grabbed what he was working on, now finished with it. Moon noticed and watched as Sun held it to his chest to hide it.

He smiled mischievously. "What ya got there sunshine~?" He asked, trying to peek at what it was. Sun got a little flustered and started blushing more. " Oh, w-well it's supposed to be a gift" He stood and tured to face Moon, then held it out to him. "Happy Valentine's day Moonlight!" He smiled warmly at him. When Moondrop saw it he realized it was a handmade Valentine's card.

"Thank you darling~" He gently took it from Sundrop and looked at it more closely. It was pink in color and had a drawing glued to the front and had silver glitter glue bordering the edges. There were also little silver glittery stars all around it and the drawing was of a crescent moon with fancy writing that read "I love you to the moon and back". He smiled. Moon thought that it was pretty cheesy, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He opened it up to look inside, and saw a little poem on the left side written in red crayon, and on the right was a lovely photo taken of them together decorated in a scrapbook-type style.

Moondrop looked back over to the poem and read it.

My dear Moonlight,
you shine so bright

You are brighter than all
the stars in the nighttime sky

My love for you is so infinite, no
amount of stars could compare to it

Like day and night,
Dark and light

You are my Yin
And I am your Yang

I love you~ ♡

Despite how sappy it seemed, Moon was touched by the poem and all the effort he put into making this wonderful card. His expression softened and looked back up to Sun. "Aww, Sunny this is so sweet. It's beautiful Sunshine, thank you. I love it"

He took a step forward and placed the card on the table and leaned in to hug Sundrop, expressing his appreciation for the heartfelt gift. "I'm glad you like it! It took me all day to put it together" Sun hugged him back and returned the kiss Moon gave him earlier. Pulling away from the hug, Moon stepped back. "It's lovely~ The poem you wrote is probably the best one you've written so far" Moon complimented.
"I've got a little gift for you too" he pulled the box of chocolates from behind him and extended it outward to Sundrop. "These are for you~ I got them because I know they're your favorite" Sun grabbed the box and beamed. "You got me chocolates? Oh, thank you Moon!" He quickly hugged Moon again, then pulled away. "It's no problem love, just be sure to take your time when eating them. I know how you can get when it comes to sweets"

Sun gave a small chuckle, slightly embarrassed. " heheh, alright" Moondrop grabbed the the card off the table and held it in one hand. "I also have another surprise for you~" He held out his other hand for Sun to take and he obliged, grabbing onto Moon's hand to hold it. "Really? What is it?" He questioned.
"You'll see~ Just come with me" Moon guided them through the daycare and headed towards their shared bedroom with Sundrop following behind. When they were nearly there Moon stopped for a moment. He grabbed Sun's arm that held the boxed chocolates and moved it in front of his face. "You can't look just yet, wait until I say" Sundrop complied and kept the heart-shaped box in front of his face. "Okay"

Soon enough they arrived to their bedroom and stood outside the door. Moon let go of Sun's hand and moved to open up the door. "Okay Sunny, you can look now" Sundrop uncovered his face and stepped into the room. Looking around he was amazed at what Moon had done with it.

The lights in the room were off, the only light source being the many candles that were placed around the room, creating a lovely ambient glow. The candles must've been scented, because it smelled sweet like a mix of honey and caramel. He quite enjoyed the smell of it. He then noticed all the little golden bits of star-shaped confetti strewn about, reflecting the light of the candles.

"Oh wow! You really made our room look nice Moon, it's wonderful!" He walked over and sat down on the edge of their bed, and took note of the little paper flowers placed on it. He set aside his box of chocolates and picked up one of the oragami flowers, looking at it more closely.
"Aw, these are so nice. Did you make these?" He asked Moondrop. "Heh, yeah. They were kind of hard for me to figure out. I'm not as creative as you are" Moon responded, a bit embarrassed. "They're cute~ You did a nice job with them" Sundrop complimented.

"Thanks" Moon came over and sat beside Sun on the bed. Sundrop looked to Moon and smiled at him softly. "Thank you for doing this Moon, I love it" He thanked, appreciative of what he's done.

"It's no problem darling, but that's not all there is to the surprise" Sun tilted his head. "There's more to it?" He asked. Moon smiled "Of course there is my dear. I wanted to show you just how much I love you~" He leaned in and kissed Sun on the lips lovingly. He pulled back, then brushed the oragami flowers out of the way before gently pushing Sun down onto the pillows. "Just lay back Sunshine and let me make you feel good~"

Moon adjusted his position to be hovering over Sun with his legs on either side of him. He leaned down and started leaving small little kisses over Sun's face before moving to his neck, kissing and sucking at it. Sun gasped at the action, that spot being particularly sensitive and he could feel himself heating up.

"Ah, M-Moon.... What are you doing?" He asked, a bit unsure about it. Moondrop pulled back and looked down at him. "Like I said darling, I'm going make you feel very good. I wouldn't do anything to hurt dear, I promise" He said truthfully, tracing a finger along the edges of his spikes. "Okay..." Sun trusted him and let him continue what he was doing.

Staying true to his word, Moondrop did in fact make him feel very good. It was definitely a new experience for him, but he loved every moment of it.

A/N: Happy late Valentine's Day everyone! I may write a smut for the next chapter, but I hope you enjoyed this!