And Then There Were Two

A couple more months pass by and now Sundrop has started showing, further solidifying the fact that he was pregnant. He often had to keep readjusting his waist ribbon every now and then just to accommodate the size of his growing belly.

The techs have told him that now that he's showing he can't continue working, marking him as temporarily out of order and restricting him to his room until closing time. This was because it would be highly questionable if people found out that a pregnant animatronic was running around the place. Sun was disappointed by this, but had to obey their orders. It saddened him that he couldn't be around the children anymore for a while, feeling like he was trapped but did anything he could think of to keep himself busy.

After having a checkup with Vanessa, they came to the conclusion that he was about four months along now. Sundrop smiled as he thought about them and put a hand to his belly. He was already excited to meet them, and he daydreamed of what the baby would look like. He was grateful that Moondrop would come by and check in on him often, bringing with him any food that he might've asked for.

That was a strange thing that came along with the pregnancy. Normally Sundrop never really needed to eat, only ever doing it for enjoyment, but now he was hungry a lot of the time. He assumed it was because the baby needed the nourishment in order to develop, and he honestly wasn't arguing against it. It just made him crave certain human foods and small metal pieces. He was glad that his morning sickness had died down so that It didn't occur as often anymore, that part being pretty miserable to deal with.

As Sundrop looked down to his round belly, it almost seemed like he was bigger than he should be for being four months along, but he shook it off and decided it was probably just his imagination. He heard someone enter the room and looked over to see that it was Moondrop coming back to check on him.

"Hello there darling, how are you feeling?" He asked, coming over to Sun and leaning down to touch foreheads, bringing a hand up to rest on Sundrop's stomach while the other was placed on his waist. Sundrop smiled softly at the gesture. "I'm feeling fine" He replied, and gave Moon a little peck on the lips.

"That's good~ And our little dewdrop?" He pulled back and started rubbing Sun's belly, as if to emphasize the question. Sun giggled at the nickname that they decided to use when referring to the baby. "They're good too. I think it's starting to become more active, their kicking feels like little flutters in the stage they're at" Moon smiled when hearing that. "That's delightful to hear"

He leaned back in and kissed Sun again affectionately, then pulled back and moved his hands to hold Sun's shoulders. "So the children have been put to sleep for naptime. I was thinking that while they're asleep, I could sneak you down to see Sherri. Vanessa said she would be in today" He suggested.

Sherri was a kind mechanic who they've met a couple of times, and she also happened to be working towards earning a degree in nursing. Vanessa figured that sherri could help them out a little more than she was able to and reccomend that they go have a checkup with her. She informed Sherri of Sun & Moon's situation beforehand so she could have time to adjust to the information and prepare for when they decided to go see her.

Sundrop looked down to the side nervously. "I-I don't know Moon, the plex is still open, people could see me" he held his stomach a little tighter in worry. Moon hummed and thought for a bit, then stepped away. "Hang on dear, I'll be right back" He went into the second room connected to theirs and after a moment, he came back with a couple of things.

"They won't notice if you put this on" He handed Sun a large sweater that he grabbed and Sun held it up to look at it. It was pastel yellow in color and in fancy lettering, it read 'Shine Bright' with a small sun design printed below it. "Alright" Sun complied and quickly put it on, putting his head through the hole and his arms through the sleeves, then it pulled down over his stomach, the baggyness of the sweater hiding his baby bump pretty well.