Han Jisung: Eavesdropping Mishap

Synopsis: Your friend's skipping you like the ads on YouTube, and you get to the bottom of it.

Tags: Friends to Lovers, Non-Idol AU, University AU, fluff, pinch of angst, humour, Jisung being denser than condensed milk, profanity

Word count: 2994

You’re sure Jisung's avoiding you

Every single time you had greeted him, he only stayed around to stutter out a polite response and then an excuse to scram.

Oh he’s got this errand to do, he’s gotta run.
Oh, he’s got that person calling him, he’s gotta go.

You couldn’t even roll your eyes enough at the ones he would give you on days, you were sure, he had exhausted his daily quota of intelligence.

‘Oh, I’m sorry, I gotta go. I forgot to water my cat!’

He doesn’t even own a fucking cat?!

You tried to confront him about it, keyword being tried. But the most time you got was probably twenty seconds before he scuttered before your flailing hands.

Unbelievable.

Gradually, he started sitting as mortally far from you as possible in class.

He became mute when the group conversation shifted to you. And when you gathered the courage to ask him yourself, he abruptly cut you off and changed the topic.

You huffed at this childish behaviour.

It was hard to miss the concerned looks your friends threw or the way Chan chastised Jisung for interrupting you for the nth time. You always brushed it off with a light laugh, but truthfully, it stung deep down.

Finally on an bright sunny Tuesday, your close friend, Amy, turned to you during lunch break.

“So...what’s up with you and Han?”

You stopped chewing and stared at your nuggets. “What’s up with us?”

She rolled her eyes. “Oh please, don’t play dumb with me. You don’t even look at each other anymore!”

“So?”

So?”

Amy’s eyebrows shot up in incredulity. “Are we just going to ignore the fact that the two of you used to be joined at the hip? What happened?!” 

You picked at your nuggets. “...I don’t know.”

“What do you mean, you don’t know.” She frowned.

“I mean, I have no idea what happened with that idiot!” You exclaimed, throwing your hands up. “One day we’re peachy, and the next thing I know, he’s avoiding me like the plague. I thought, maybe it was his male PMS acting up but,” A big sigh escaped you as you thought back to your futile attempts at approaching him. “...I give up.”