TWO

THE PLAN

          Ada Lawan can still remember vividly the day that she met Astra Hart

Ada Lawan can still remember vividly the day that she met Astra Hart. Not because anything particularly momentous happened ( well, that is if you don't count the reuniting of a vengeful sister and her psychotic brother significant which, by the way, Ada doesn't ) but rather, because of the way that Astra had reacted when she found out her brother was very alive and an extremely sadistic murderer. Ada had the displeasure of watching the girl collapse on the floor. What Aster had ignorantly believed to be tears of joy, were rather those of anger, which soon transformed into pure, insurmountable loathing. Now, when Ada says it was a displeasure, what she really means is that she felt uncomfortable watching such a seemingly strong person break to pieces at the sight of a stupid fucking man. She almost felt like an intruder, watching a falsified image of Astra Hart weeping on the ground a sight that only inflated Aster's ego. And god knows the world couldn't handle any more of that.

Of course, Ada didn't voice these thoughts why would she? Her position in the world was limited to the role she was assigned, that being an overly-charming bitch. Really, what more could a girl want? Aster thought it suited her tremendously. Or, at least, that's what he wanted to think. He was so desperate to love and to be loved, that he manipulated Ada into playing a role nearly as sadistic as his. Of course, she isn't an idiot, she knew his plan from the offset, but in some way, she almost liked it the determination, the thirst for power and so she played her part, awfully well, may she add, and it was fine. Not great, not fun, but fine. 

Which brings her back to the original point the second the brunette laid eyes on Astra's weakened state was the moment that she determined how fucked up Aster Hart truly was and the extent of his lies. Who the fuck would do all of this to their own sister? Was this not the same man who had vowed to never hurt those he cared for?

Conveniently, it was at the same time that Astra had begun formulating a plan. One that she was hellbent on Ada helping her ignite. You see, Astra Hart had noticed her brothers connection with the brunette girl. Which made her someone special, and together, the two could burn Aster Hart's empire to the ground, leaving him dead amongst the rubble while they rose from the ashes on top of the world and free from the chains of their past.

But of course, the world isn't in black and white nothing would be as simple as the silly little plan Astra had drawn up in her mind. Aster didn't truly trust her yet but that didn't mean it wouldn't work, after all, if there's one thing that she knew that Ada Lawan prided herself in, it's her utmost ability to manipulate those around her ( call her an asshole if you want its a good as shit skill to have ) into doing as she pleases. Aster Hart was not exempt from her skills.

Why else do you think he let her live?

That's not that point, what Astra means to say, is that Ada Lawan always gets what she wants. She supposes that's how she ended up in Aster's meeting room, sitting by his side while Phoenix Carter and Astra Hart sat on the opposite the two, three plain scones in front of his closest confidants.