Chapter 1: soulmates

N/A: In this Au I have Atsumu and Kageyama as childhood friends because why not and later on their will be additional characters from different anime will be added as Kageyama's siblings because I watched this thing on YouTube and I thought it was cool.

Atsumu Miya grew up in a world where you were born with a tattoo and once you found your soulmate their tattoo would appear on your wrist next to your own but for that to happen you have to have skin to skin contact. He grew up with everyone telling him how beautiful it will be when Atsumu would find his soulmate but then the harshness of reality hits and you know everyone is wrong. That gaining a soulmate isn't as lovely or great as everyone says. Atsumu got ready and headed out of his room to go get breakfast. Where he found his twin brother Osamu and his soulmate Suna sitting on the couch, legs tangled, both on their phone. "Ugh," Atsumu groaned. Both of them looked up from their phones. "Ya just jealous cause yer single," 'Samu said, teasingly. "I wouldn't want to be controlled by something drawn on my wrist," Atsumu said, a little bit more aggressively than he was planning. 'Samu just looked at Atsumu. "'Tsumu ya need to let go," 'Samu said, with sympathy. Atsumu froze in place. He turned to face his brother. "And ya two need to let go of each other isn't it suffocating, always clinging onto each other like that," Atsumu said, trying to avoid a lecture by 'Samu. 'Samu and Suna shared a look. "'Tsumu-" before 'Samu could even finish what he was saying, Atsumu ran out of their apartment puffing. Atsumu made his way to the nearby park and sat down on a bench looking at his left wrist tracing the tattoo he was born with. There a black fox sitting with its head down tilted a little to the right, it was just there mocking Atsumu. Everyone has a unique tattoo, though 'Samu and Atsumu had similar ones, his parents said that must be because they were identical twins. 'Samu's one was a fox sitting down but his one was straight and attentive, it looked like it was protecting something. Atsumu and 'Samu used to guess what their foxes were doing when they were little. They soon would find out when they got into their first year. 'Samu had shaken hands with Suna when they met at the gym revealing that they were soulmates. 'Samu's fox was no longer by itself but was sitting protectively in front of a sleeping red panda and Suna's sleeping red panda now had a fox sitting protectively in front of it. Atsumu was genuinely happy for his brother, 'Samu had always believed in the stories his family members told about soulmates, Atsumu as well but things changed in his third year of middle school and that's why he ran out of the house when 'Samu was going to bring it up, it had traumatised Atsumu so much that Atsumu was scared to touch people, that brought a lot of tension with his teammates but Atsumu didn't care, he was fine with touches through clothes and if it's clear that he isn't soulmates with someone. There are only four people in the whole world that know about the incident, not even his parents. Those people are Suna and 'Samu, of course he would tell his brother and Suna because he was Samu's soulmate and there were also Atsumu's childhood friends Aran and Tobio, he told those two because they knew something was off with him and bugged him until he told. That's also why Atsumu is really clingy to the people he can touch. Atsumu sighed, grabbing his phone, he realised what the time was and ran all the way to the gym for morning practice.

When Atsumu opened the gym's door and everyone was looking at him. "Ya dumbass!!" 'Samu yelled, walking over to Atsumu. That irked Atsumu, why the hell was he getting yelled at for? "Excuse me, how am I a dumbass, I just got here!" Atsumu yelled back. "Ya left without even eating, Ya also forgot yer bag," Suna said, rolling his eyes. 'Samu had gone over to the bench, picked something up, and went back over to Atsumu, pushing hard onto his chest. "Ya know why I left," Atsumu said in pain. "Yeah, I do, ya could've brought somethin' with ya? Because I had to go and look for yer dumbass, I wasn't able to make any lunch," 'Samu said, annoyed. "That's enough Osamu," a stern voice said from their side. They looked to see their silver haired captain. "Atsumu did ya really not have breakfast?" Kita asked, looking at Atsumu. "No, I needed to leave the house and I ended up losing time and went straight here," Atsumu said, looking at the ground ashamed. Atsumu could care less of what people thought of him but with Kita, it was like Atsumu was hanging on every word that he spoke to him and Atsumu didn't even know why. "Atsumu, I'm sorry but yer going to have to sit out of practice I don't want ya fainting, ya even ran here," Kita said, sternly. Atsumu wanted to argue with Kita and tell him that he was fine but when it came to the well-being of his teammates Kita was stubborn. "Fine, but I want to watch," Atsumu said, begrudgingly, walking over to the bench. Atsumu thought Kita would change his mind and let him play but that never happened. They all went to the locker room to change. "Atsumu" a soft voice called out to him. Atsumu looked down to see his captain holding an onigiri. "Here," Kita said, extending his hand to Atsumu. Atsumu looked at the onigiri trying to figure out a way to get it without having skin to skin contact. "Stick out your hand," Kita said, with a small smile. Atsumu raised his eyebrow in question but still complied with Kita's request. Kita gently slid the onigiri from his hand onto Atsumu's hand without touching him. "Thanks, Kita," Atsumu said, grateful. Atsumu was grateful for the onigiri but what he was more grateful for was the way Kita had gone out of his way to not touch him. Kita was the only one on his team who didn't know about the incident but still tried to respect his choices. "Yer welcome but it's only a small onigiri so it won't sustain you for the whole day, so ya need to buy yer lunch," Kita said, before he left the locker room with a light blush gracing his features. Atsumu finished packing his stuff up with a smile on his face. "Look at him thinking he's so cool, just because Kita talked to him, but he's so arrogant, the way only people of skill can touch him," Atsumu heard one of his teammates scoff. "I know right, Kita's our captain and he was trying to be nice by giving him food and he didn't even let him touch him," the other person replied. Atsumu tightens his fists, trying to ignore them. "Such a loser, I bet no one wants to be his soul-" all of sudden there was a big thud and the guy stopped speaking. Atsumu turned around to see 'Samu pinning the guy with his arm on the guy's neck. "What did ya say about my brother," 'Samu said with venom in his voice. "'Samu, I'm fine," Atsumu said, pulling 'Samu off of the guy. "But 'Tsumu," 'Samu said, annoyed. "Why ya scared of everyone knowing the truth," the guy said, coughing and rubbing his neck. 'Samu attempted to launch himself at that guy "That's enough," Aran yelled. Everyone froze. "You two don't know the whole truth so ya need to shut yer mouths and 'Samu beating them isn't the right way about it," Aran said, scolding them. 'Samu glared at the guy before going back to Suna and wrapping his arm around his shoulder. With the awkward silence 'Samu, Suna , Aran and 'Tsumu set off to their class. "'Tsumu why don't ya try getting over yer fear?" Aran asked in a gentle voice. "Aran, after what happened in there I really don't want to speak about that," Atsumu said, desperately before walking ahead of his friends and brother.