chapter one

{:y/n:}

as you stand by your locker, you wait for your best friend natalie to arrive back from her class. 

natalie's your stability. she's someone you can hold on to, someone who cares no matter what. of course, proper friendships which are subjected to large amounts of pressure do not break. improper friendships crumble at the very prospect of it.

you two have the former, a proper friendship. the kind of friendship which feels like the daisies you see in the adverts on tv, fresh and light, pure and balanced.

of course these commercials are staged, and friendships are not, so it is not exactly the same.

friendships, are not staged.

she begins to talk to you and snap you out of your thoughts, blabbering about the test she had last period. while trying your best to be interested, you grab some books out of your locker, ready for your next class.

"what class do you have now?" she asks as you pick up your bag and you both walk down the hall.

"oh uh, chemistry" you drop a slight smile, answering her question even though you're still a little spaced out.

"cool, i'm in bio, see you sooooooooooooooooooon" she answers in a melisma as she separates off to another corridor.

"bye!" you respond as she walks away.

the bell sounds, prompting you to make your way to chemistry class, where a grim fate of the properties of carbon awaits you. you continue your journey down the corridor, looking at the narrow hall adjacent the trophy case, seeing someone you don't recognise.

a guy, dressed in washed out jeans, a blue t-shirt and a black leather jacket, his silver hair moving slightly as he looks for something in his locker. he makes eye contact with you for a moment, his silver cuff earring glinting in the dim light of the hall. you realise you're still looking at him as he looks slightly confused. you then break eye contact, realising that you're staring. 

he walks past you after shutting his locker, slightly brushing your shoulder even though the corridor was empty. 

your brain immediately associates him with the beach, due to his cologne, it reminds you of driftwood, or that feeling of a campfire on the beach with friends at 12am. that's what his aura is.

but there's something in his eyes too, something dark, something dangerous, but you felt you connected with that part the most, because it reminds you of yourself.

there is something going on with this boy, and you sure as hell want to find out what it is.