Chapter 4-My Dad Gives Me Away to Rich Strangers--EDITED

I broke out of the hug, spinning to face an obviously immortal couple.

The handsome male had dark hair, slightly lighter than his brown leather jerkin. His skin was a cacao brown and his eyes . . .

They were an unmistakable red.

You're never leaving here sane, kid! Tartarus had roared at me, his distinct blood-red eyes flashing with anger. 

The shards of glass littering the smooth, sinewy floor drew blood as they bit into my soft feet. I paid no mind to the pain as I ran, drawing in labored spurts of the toxic air that seemed to burn all the way down—

I stumbled backward into my father's arms. I shook my head violently, tearing myself out of the memory.

"Are you okay?" Poseidon asked worriedly.

"Yeah," I managed after a moment, gently patting Poseidon's arm so he would let go.

I distracted myself by looking at the beautiful female—which was a mistake. Her honey-blond hair had streaks of brown in it, giving her a motherly appearance as she looked at me with concern. Her eyes were a porcelain green . . .

Mark my words, Jackson! Gaea had growled. I will destroy everything you hold dear.

The grass was soaked in blood and littered with corpses. Everywhere I looked, demigods were getting slaughtered by monsters. Each breath brought in the stomach-heaving scent of blood mixed in with sweat—

"Percy!" the woman all but screamed in his face.

I drew in a shuddering breath, realizing I was on my knees on the marble floor. The woman was right in front of me, urgently shaking my shoulders.

"You need more help than I realized," the woman muttered more to herself as she subconsciously brushed my sweat-soaked hair out of my face like his mother would. "How long has this been happening?"

 "Ever since the second war," I admitted, shame dripping from every word.

"You sure you're all right?" Poseidon asked as he helped me to my feet.

"Of course," I reassured him, forcing my lips into a faint smile. "I feel like I can fight another war."

I hoped that no one could see how I was leaning on my father for support.

"Sorry about that little . . . episode," I said while turning to the mysterious people, looking anywhere but at their eyes. "Who are you guys? And, more importantly, you said you could help me?"

"My name is . . . Daphne," the green-eyed woman said kindly. "And my husband's name is Ta—Gilbert," she hurriedly corrected.

"Those names don't sound very immortal. And Gilbert over there doesn't seem to like his," I pointed out.

Sure enough, "Gilbert" was glaring at Daphne.

"You got us," Daphne sighed. "For now, we do not wish to reveal our names. Maybe later—we'll see. We've come here with a proposition that might help you."

"Let's hear it."

"For as long as you want, you'll live with us on Planet Serenity—" Gilbert started.

"Hold up . . ," I interjected. "There're other populated planets like Earth?"

"It's more of a society made completely out of half-immortal and immortal beings," Daphne corrected. "Primordials, half-primordials . . . you get the picture. The planet is ruled by Lady Chaos . . ."

End perked up at this. We'll be able to see my sister?

"But we'll be in Lockemount, a small city that's a few hours away from Deeplige, the capital."