; two

U N K N O W N

               Running a hand through his blond locks to look presentable, the stranger clad in black clothing approached the head-bandaged patient, wanting to make a good first impression

        Running a hand through his blond locks to look presentable, the stranger clad in black clothing approached the head-bandaged patient, wanting to make a good first impression. His sharp blue eyes glinted with excitement as he gave her a wide grin, showing off his white teeth. "Well, hello."

        Slow blink of confusion. A frown. A beat of silence. "...Who are you?" Asked the injured female, her pupils darting from side to side as she took in her surroundings and saw all of the nurses. Her breathing became heavy and her heart began to race, shown on the monitor attached to her, the machine beeping rapidly in tune with her quick heartbeats.

        "Where am I? Mom? Phillip? Madeline? Mary Jane? Dad?" The young teenager called out the same names from when the blond guest first entered the hospital room.

        The nurses sprung to action, pushing away the stranger to have space to work around the bed. They looked over the patient's vitals, checked her reflexes, and examined her head bandage simultaneously. The poor girl was getting overwhelmed, her doe eyes shining with tears and her lips pouting slightly into a frown.

        The curious visitor watched from afar as the doctor, who was assigned to watch over the girl's state, soothed her to the best of his ability while at the same time asking questions. The teen shook her head every so often and replied when needed to, biting down to her bottom lip hard which made the skin of her mouth fade to white. With sunken shoulders the male doctor turned and made his way to the visitor, motioning for him to step out of the small hospital room.

        The doctor stressfully ran his fingers through his gray locks while he heaved a sigh. "What are you to her?" He asked quietly but quickly, not wanting to waste time.

        "A close friend." The blond replied smoothly without missing a beat. "Is everything alright? She doesn't seem to remember me.."

        "I will have to run tests and request some MRI and PET scans to completely make sure but off the bat, I can diagnose her with post-traumatic Dissociative Amnesia. She's suffered a nasty head injury so it is common for her to have this kind of memory loss but at the same time, I think this is different." The blond raised an eyebrow in confusion and nodded his head to signal him to continue.

        "She doesn't remember her changed last name and can only recall events from when she was young. The last thing she remembers is having dinner with her parents and family friends on her 10th birthday." The doctor explained with worrisome eyes. The blond stranger could tell he's never dealt with a case this serious before. "She's lost almost eight, nine years of her life."

        The visitor's keen blue eyes slanted into a sharp glare, his voice dropping a few octaves so that anyone who walked by wouldn't hear. "Whatever you have to do, do it, but keep this silent. I am the only person she has left, so this better not get leaked to anybody, especially the press and the people on her emergency contacts."