× 장 2 ×

✿ฺ•✿ฺ

          "BITCH, HURRY up!" Sooyoung complained as Joohyun was still busy scrolling her phone. She was busy looking for online part-time jobs.

Sooyoung was catering a big event, because her older sister, Sunmi found her a client. Her café wasn't only about coffee despite its name, she also offered baked goodies and sweets, lights and decors.

"Just help me for now. We need to get this over with, before the big guys arrived." Sooyoung bent down to fix the table cloth of the stand on tables. It needed no chairs because, it was a standing height kind of table and was good for outdoor events.

That was one of Joohyun's part-time job. Sooyoung has been offering her to work at the café but she declined over and over again. Sooyoung promised her bonuses and a stable, permanent job but Joohyun wanted more than that.

As soon as they were done, they headed out and be back tomorrow to fix everything. Ahead of time, Sooyoung was already paid a hefty amount of Euros. Her client was surely rich and was from Europe.

"Sooyoungie, I need to go. I need to check on my brother." Joohyun excused and Sooyoung whined. "But he's big enough to be checked on." Joohyun finished putting things back in the car, and besides, there were several staffs who helped, too, that includes Chanyeol. Joohyun just gave her that 'I-don't-have-a-choice' look.

"Your hard-headed brother better not make a scene, I don't want to see you having another big bruise across your face." Joohyun's heart was enlightened after hearing her best friend's comforting words. It was earlier that Joohyun's mother slapped her hard across the face that it bruised and Hyunjin wasn't able to do but held back their mother as their mother was throwing a fit towards Joohyun for 'scolding' Hyunjin over a cigarette.

"Don't call him that. I love him, I just don't want him influenced by those thugs. Anyways, I have to go."

Sooyoung sighed as she watched her jog her way out the residence. She wanted to offer her a ride so that Joohyun wouldn't hurt her legs, but before she could, she's already far. Chanyeol just went beside her and hung his arm on her shoulder.

Sooyoung then glanced at Chanyeol. "Can you convince her next time?" Chanyeol sighed, without removing his sight on Joohyun's direction. He smiled bitterly. "Well, I've been that for God who knows how long. She's just stubborn to listen. She loves her family so much that she's not realizing she's hurting herself. Did I mention, 'she'?" Both then chuckled after that. Both of them wanted to help her. Sooyoung and Chanyeol did not have any idea why she kept declining their help. It's not like they'd ask for anything more, they just knew Joohyun would do them a huge favor if it was their turn to ask.

"Well, we better keep moving. The big guys are coming in about..." She then looked at her watch, only to realize it's less than an hour. "Ooh. 39 minutes left before the visitor arrives."

✿ฺ•✿ฺ

          HE FELT guilty, but it was just so that he'd fit in the crowd. The weak, innocent, soft are being bullied. Hyunjin decided to not be one. But he kept thinking of his sister. His sister works her ass off to give him his needs and wants and to provide but he's putting it all to a waste. She wouldn't know. He thought before lighting up a piece of cigarette. He's been cheered on by a group of boys he decided to hang out with. Bad influence is what they say. But he just thought that they're just a group of curious individuals figuring out life.

His first huff, he coughed. His fist curled, brought it up to his mouth and coughed harder and the other boys laughed for it. He was made into a laughing stock, but he did continue huffing and puffing.