Never Breaking Apart- 4

This will be the finale part of this ongoing story.
Hope I'll do justice with the ending.
_________________________________________

Nurses and staffs were rushing through the corridor when a VIP patient appeared at the Birla Hospital.
The Birlas were themselves in a rush to attend this 'family' patient.
The junior doctors started checking the patient to prepare the report, various tests were in-line, all of these were done within minutes and reports were being prepared, now it was just the time for the best Cardiologist of Udaipur to appear to unsustain this wait.

Soon the wait was over when Dr. Abhimanyu Birla entered the scene along with his wife, his wife, also the granddaughter of this patient, Mr. Manish Goeanka.

He directly went to the I.C.U. to examine the condition and Akshara joined the family waiting in the lobby.
She hugged her badi Maa as tightly as she can, the ailing wife who was trying to act tough for so long, melted down into tears in her Akshu's embrace.

The guilt striken granddaughter cried,
"Sab meri wajah se hua hai, bade papa ki aaisi haalat mere--"

Before she could finish, a lovely hand patted her back and then went on to be placed on her head, she lifted her heavy eyelids to find out it was AG,
"Nahi beta, teri wajah se kucch nahi hua hai, na hi 12 saal pahle hua tha aur na hi aaj hua hai, har baat ka dosh apne sar par lena band karde. Ye toh sayad hamare hi karmo ki saza hai, Kartik aur Naira bhot naraz hai humse, bhaisahab aur mai toh na jaane kaise unse mafi maang paayege, kaise unka saamna kar paayege.", he said with breaking voice.

Their conversation was interrupted when Dr. Abhimanyu came out of the room, she ran towards him.

"Abhi, bade papa theek haina, unhe kucch hoga toh nahi na."
He kept mum, she was loosing her patience,
"Tum kucch bol kyu nahi rahe ho, batao na please.", she pleaded.

"Akshu, let me talk to the entire family."

He stood infront of the entire family and spoke firmly as a doctor,
"We will have to operate him, he requires an angioplasty surgery, after that only I can confirm his condition. To continue this procedure we need some medical formalities to be done as family's approval for this operation."

"I'll get the paperwork done.", Kairav tried to cooperate well as he excused himself.

He looked at everyone's faces, there were so many questions that they needed answers for, but he really didn't had any time to counter these questions right now.
He saw his Akshu was standing near the ICU door, he wanted to hold her firmly but right now, at this moment, his duty as a doctor was much more important than that of a husband.

To ease out this situation he finally spoke,
"As a doctor I'll try my level best to get Mr. Goenka the best treatment possible, he is also a family now, so you don't need to have any doubts in this case. Now excuse me, we are shifting him to the OT."

He very knew that the case was critical but at the same time he was aware that, if something will happen to the patient then Akshara will again bury herself in guilt and self-blame, she did that for 12 years, it was very hard for her to let this guilt go off her shoulders. Not again, he was determined.

The family waited patiently for three and a half hours when the surgery was being performed.
Finally, the wait was over when the OT lights were turned off, the main surgeon came out and the entire family was standing infront of him.

He got the first question asked without a voice, when her talkative eyes met his', asking for the condition of her bade papa.
He blinked steadily as a reply, and her heart was settled down with calmness.