Prologue

It was the day every adolescent in the kingdom dreaded, the Choosing. Once a year, every year, the royal family was provided the selection of every unpaired matured citizen. It was expected that after a decade of choosing you were no longer at risk, however, Prince Keo's most recent selection had proved that wrong. The middle aged werewolf and century old vampire added to his harem had reminded everyone of the risk posed on Choosing day.

Up until recent times  it had just been the royal family permitted to the Huran Kingdom's citizens. However, upon Prince Lucifer's rise to the throne as King it has been extended to members of the royal court and prized royal staff.

This meant not only would his loyal subjects be available to his brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and father, but also an additional thirty approved individuals. Fifty subjects to be taken. Maybe more if King Lucifer wished so.

In the late King Charles' reign he had claimed more than the promised subject per year. Claiming the Queen's inability to claim subjects of her own as an excuse. As the King's wife she was not permitted to a harem of her own, only allowed to indulge in his own harem of women.

It wasn't certain that new to the throne King Lucifer would indulge as his father had. There were, however, many speculations as to his taste. Unlike his elder siblings, all ineligible to the throne, the King had never indulged as a Prince, claiming he had no need to force someone into his bed.

Now as he holds responsibility as King it is expected of him to select a Queen and mistresses.

There was doubt from the royal council as to whether the King bring those he had bedded into his harem or search for untouched virgins. As old tradition would state he would need at least one virgin in his harem.